F1 2016 setup doesn make much sense, does it?

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Especially de diff. A higher off throttle lock gives more oversteer on throttle on corner exits. A higher on throttle lock doesnt seem to give any significant boost to traction. Less neg camber gives more grip than more. Is it just me? I cant make sense of the physics of this game.

I interpret it this way, and maybe I'm all wrong and don't know what I'm talking about. I base my assumption on the way I think it works in RFactor2. The numbers are a percentage of power. So if I set off throttle to 80%, it means when I lift off, power drops to 80%. This would mean I would slow down slower but have less chance of losing control than if I set it really low and power suddenly dropped to 20% for example. On the other side, a low setting for on throttle would give me less instant power than 80% would so I would be more likely to spin the tires with a high throttle value. In RF2, there's a setting for how fast the change is made, too.

I can't talk about camber. Part of my problem is that I'm so bad that I don't think car setups matter for me yet. You have to drive decently and consistently to get any measure of how good/bad the setup changes are. In a nutshell, I don't drive good enough to appreciate setups.

I really wish there was a free practice mode in F1 2016 where I could test my setups with the current build level of my car.

I really wish there was a free practice mode in F1 2016 where I could test my setups with the current build level of my car.
If you don't do it in your career Free Practice 1 2 or 3 then there is no where else to do it. But it sounds like you are talking about career so why don't you use FP? You can set it to one session at 90 mins and just keep restarting the session until you're happy with your setup......

I tried doing that and I've had some bad experiences...namely that if you incur a penalty and even if you exit out and acknowledge that your progress will be lost that penalty will be remembered and applied. This has happened on two different occasions for me. In one case, I won the pole in qualifying and at the start of the race, I was assessed a 10-position grid penalty for something I thought was ignored when I left that practice session.

I tried doing that and I've had some bad experiences...namely that if you incur a penalty and even if you exit out and acknowledge that your progress will be lost that penalty will be remembered and applied. This has happened on two different occasions for me. In one case, I won the pole in qualifying and at the start of the race, I was assessed a 10-position grid penalty for something I thought was ignored when I left that practice session.
interesting. I will have to test that. I haven't had that happen to me yet.
I have had issues where it remembers my fastest lap time from the practice session, even though i've restarted the session.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%