Setup discussion (split topic)

M

Mehmet Arslan

• Mehmet Arslan

Ramon, are u from Syncro Racing? Because i saw the same setup guide a very long time ago, but it has syncro racing on it and its exactly the same, only the first pictures are different, but after that its all the same.

If u are the same guy then hats off mate :).

OMG this guide was brilliant, finally after a week i have made my car setup and it actually is better! 1st game i ever bothered trying it in.

Only thing i think i could have a lot better is the gearbox setup, i just dont understand what the hell im changing with the gearbox. Is there any more help guides on this?

You need to reach but not hit the rev limiter in the highest gear at the end of the longest straight.
If you're changing up on the exit of a corner lengthen that gear, if your lacking power on the exit of a corner shorten that gear :)

Any help?

deffinatly, thanks. I mastered the 6th gear, but the rest seemed rubbish, will try and sort it tonight.

Just look out when i finally get on the hotlap servers!!!

Still puzzled by the Fast Slow Bump & Fast Slow rebound things. I tried lots of settings and the only thing where I can notice a difference is the slow bump, to avoid "extreme" weight transfert; I confess I tend to lock my rear wheels a lot, especially on brandHatch.

Do you know of any guides that will help you develop a sense of what the changes will actually do. That had always been the biggest hurdle for me. was to know how the changes would affect the car. Setup changes can have very subtle effects that in isolation will no do much. It is the interaction of these effects in total that defines really how a car handles. The interdependancies make it an effective tool for impoving car performance. i

That is something that comes with experience I guess, took me years to be able to find out how to setup a car and notice the differences it makes.
Most important is that you are able to lap consistent, something that is hard enough on it's own in sim racing, to be able to notice changes.

• Morgan Eklöv

If you take the time needed to analyze your driving style and where on the track you loose time the setup will help you a lot. This guide has helped me massive to understand what the hell I am doing to and with the car. As I said above the wife is not happy me spending the time infront of the computer. I hope the work will pay of tomorrow when we have a race in the ATCO raceleague.
Thanks again for this guide!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back