F1 2010 Setup Clues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Whilst it's great that there's a good community here, sharing setups and whatnot, it's also a good feeling to be able to create something for yourself.

I am having big trouble finding the appropriate setup for many of the circuits. Is it possible that somebody could list the recommended 'quick' setup (as in, those pre-entered into the game) for each circuit in the dry/wet as a means of providing a base that we may work from?

Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

I think in future, this post should go in the general section or the setups will get lost way down the pages.

Back to the reply....

It's down to preference really, depends on your driving style.

Most people prefer quick setup furthest to right for dry driving, and for the wet its down to your style, whether you can tame the beast and get it round or not. beginners id say left most in the wet, and move to the right more as you get better.

The quick setups, and indeed all the ones posted on the fforum, are based on a setup for each track which is inherent in the game (ie: better turn in on monaco) even in the quick setups, which are used as a base.

Welcome to the forum.

I think in future, this post should go in the general section or the setups will get lost way down the pages.

Back to the reply....

It's down to preference really, depends on your driving style.

Most people prefer quick setup furthest to right for dry driving, and for the wet its down to your style, whether you can tame the beast and get it round or not. beginners id say left most in the wet, and move to the right more as you get better.

The quick setups, and indeed all the ones posted on the fforum, are based on a setup for each track which is inherent in the game (ie: better turn in on monaco) even in the quick setups, which are used as a base.

Thank you for your response - I've been having trouble getting used to the new game (I might actually give F1:CE a 15 minute run later just to find out how much 'easier' I find it...!).

Am I correct in recalling, however, that the setup actually just remains as 'default' (one of the centrally positioned pre-defined ones) for each circuit within the Time Trial mode?

I do think that this part of the game could be improved upon - I thought that the 'Racecar Evolution' system on F1:CE was flawed but a good base for a system with potential. The real driver experience that F1 2010 has introduced appears to work well (though I've not embarked upon a career as yet) but perhaps the Engineer could work much more closely with you to hone in on that setup you require to compliment circuit characteristics and your own personal driving style.

In additional response to your post, I note that the 'quick' setup to which you refer is detailed as:

Top Speed: Highest
Downforce: Lowest
Handling: Oversteer

I may be wrong but is it not correct that with the make-up of the rules currently, the drivers/engineers tend to max out the aerodynamic downforce and reclaim speed in other areas? I am sure I read this very recently...perhaps in an article where one of the drivers were discussing the fact that the reduced contact-patch width caused a reduction in mechanical grip and so they were attempting to reclaim grip...

If this is the case, then surely this setup should not be the 'preferred' choice?

Not saying you're wrong, at all - but perhaps it's an innaccuracy of the game that this is, by default, the most appealing option...?

I find the best way to do each cicuit is to try various set-ups posted here by everyone and try them all in the practice sessions - Then when you find one that suits your driving style, make slight adjustments to that set-up e.g. Balance from 60-40 to 70-30, and then save that set-up! Works for me!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%