Setup: Adjusting a setup for a lower grip-level?

Hi all,
do you guys have some advices how to adjust a setup for a lower grip-level? A couple of days ago I joint a DTM-Server which was set-up to 95% grip-level while my setup was developed for 100% and I was struggeling to quick-adjust the setup to that lower grip-level and was sliding way too much.
Any advices are welcome.
Kind regards and many thx in advance

Thx for your replies!
Had no problems under braking as I aplied some throttle while hitting the brakes. Will try the wheel rate and ARB-stuff tomorrow evening..hopefully the server is still runinng:)

I think the most important thing is to adapt your speed for that lower grip level. You can't drive as fast as you can on a 100% grip.
But it's hard, you want to go faster than you actually can and the end result is that you just sliding and miss your brake points and be even more slower.

I think the most important thing is to adapt your speed for that lower grip level. You can't drive as fast as you can on a 100% grip.
But it's hard, you want to go faster than you actually can and the end result is that you just sliding and miss your brake points and be even more slower.

Agreed, setup tweaks are ok however changing the set too much will deviate from your 'ideal' setup and result in lower lap times. Drive according to conditions, being a simracer often involves you adapting to changing situation just like in real life. Also grip levels improve as the track rubbers in...

being a simracer often involves you adapting to changing situation just like in real life.
I actually feel like the issue is sim racers experience far less meaningful change than real drivers, always driving ideal cars with perfect balance on identical track conditions and so get it into their heads that they can always push push push for the best time, get that time, then wonder why they can't always run that time.

With dynamic road surfaces entering the picture in latter day simming its finally starting to hit simmers in the face how conditions do alter their performance. I was just watching Weekend of a Champion and the race day weather was the difference between Jackie Steward winning Monaco '71 by 33 seconds or being, as he put it, totally not competitive.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back