F1 2013 Settings won't save - fix?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Every time I'm restarting the game my settings are reset - even tho I'm starting the game the same way, i.e. I'm pressing the start button on my wheel. Since I don't play with the default button config this is slightly annoying. Not even a helmet change is being saved but game progress is being saved fine.

Any way to fix this? :mad:

I have not seen a fix for this Tom, it is effecting a few people.

Have you tried it with auto save switched off?

This does mean that you have to make sure that you click the SAVE option before you close the game (you should be warned).

Have you tried booting the game from keyboard only (enter key), and not touching your wheel, or unplugging your wheel first, before using the keyboard?

Perhaps you could try re-mapping a key (temporarily) or a button on your wheel, then re-starting to see if it sticks

Or have you tried creating a new profile? By that I mean an additional one. If you do that does it have the same problem?

Have you tried verifying your game files? (Say bye bye to your Senna helmet after this, probably)

Did you skip the 1st day of the Young Drivers Test?

I am going to guess that you don't want to delete your current profile, and start from scratch again? But if you do, you could try doing the full Young Drivers Test. This sometime seems to fix a bug regarding tyre and fuel sim. Who know what else might be effected. My game is saving perfectly (on auto) and I did do the full YDT. Then again I have a different system, so it maybe irrelevant.

These are all guesses, with the better ones towards the top, ending with a strange one :)

My game saves fine on auto but my wheel settings disappear sporadically with no reason this issue follows on from 2012 on the ps3 even changing to pc and new game this issue persists. Frustratingly I often forget to check my settings until I start to brake into the first corner!

After all it was necessary to make a new profile and now it's working.

I'm just gutted because I stopped playing through scenario mode yesterday, with only 3 races left in the final tier...yeah, gotta start from scratch. I thought that's been saved but it was only the first tab.

So in fact the game did save what I managed to complete the first time I played the game but then it stopped saving altogether...nice work Codemasters.

Tom

I've got deja vu about deja vu, with a hint of a bit more deja vu ...

As we know, history never repeats itself, does it?

Welcome to F1 2013 ... ummm 10 .... err 11 ..... aaah 12 :O_o:

I have autosave on, and over the years got into the habit of staring at the top left of the screen, after doing anything where a save is carried out.

BTW I also use Game Save Manager (scheduled backup) to back up my profile daily. Not saving? Delete the profile as you did, create a new one with same name, recover your last working profile.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

Last edited:
Oh, it DID save it - at least it said it did...so checking the message doesn't help in this case. :D

I usually make backups myself, manually, but now that it's working I hope it just stays that way.

Tom

I've got deja vu about deja vu, with a hint of a bit more deja vu ...

As we know, history never repeats itself, does it?

Welcome to F1 2013 ... ummm 10 .... err 11 ..... aaah 12 :O_o:

I have autosave on, and over the years got into the habit of staring at the top left of the screen, after doing anything where a save is carried out.

BTW I also use Game Save Manager (scheduled backup) to back up my profile daily. Not saving? Delete the profile as you did, create a new one with same name, recover your last working profile.

www.gamesavemanager.com

Site doesn't open.

Well that's a bummer ..... it's saving, but tune in tomorrow and see if it actually did, and it wasn't just teasing you .... :poop:
I've quit out after every scenario...and so far it worked fine. I'm actually impressed, such basic functionality and yet it's working from time to time. Someone give that CM developer a raise already. :thumbsup:

Tom

Whoops, sorry I left the hyphen out of the address ... doh!

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

I've fixed my above post

It's been in my recommendations sticky since F1 2012 :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ntrollers-recommendations.73877/#post-1510267

Yea, it doesn't matter. I tried manually backing up my save, doesn't work. It doesn't find any profiles after I restart my PC. Pathetic. I wanted to do career mode series, but thanks to dickmasters's super ability to make games... yea.... :mad:

I've quit out after every scenario...and so far it worked fine. I'm actually impressed, such basic functionality and yet it's working from time to time. Someone give that CM developer a raise already. :thumbsup:

Tom

sarcasm_o_238886.jpg

Yea, it doesn't matter. I tried manually backing up my save, doesn't work. It doesn't find any profiles after I restart my PC. Pathetic. I wanted to do career mode series, but thanks to dickmasters's super ability to make games... yea.... :mad:

Procedure is the same as last year.

1/ Back up profile (as you did)

2/ Start game and delete profile

3/ Create new profile with the same name

4/ Once game has loaded (profile is created and saved), quit the game

5/ Copy your backup profile back into Steam (YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\223670)

6/ Start game ....... and pray!

:)

Procedure is the same as last year.

1/ Back up profile (as you did)

2/ Start game and delete profile

3/ Create new profile with the same name

4/ Once game has loaded (profile is created and saved), quit the game

5/ Copy your backup profile back into Steam (YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\223670)

6/ Start game ....... and pray!

:)

Thank you! This did work! You're saving my life here! Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back