Settings Oculus Rift FPS

Just bought the Oculus Rift and I love it. But I hate that you can´t see the brake lights.
I downloaded a mod so I could run with PP filters on and also downloaded SDK tool for Oculus to be able to enable and disable ASW. I am now getting a constant 45 FPS, when disableing ASW it just stutters and I get 60-75 FPS.

My hardware
MSI Z270-A PRO
Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 gaming 8GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX CL14 1x16 GB

My setttings in Assetto Corsa is (check link)

https://imgur.com/a/hObT2

Why do you need a mod to run with PP on? I have a similar setup (you have a better CPU) and run with PP on and a higher Pixels per display of 1.3. I also didn't think you needed to do anything to enable ASW, I thought it was automatic. I can get a steady 90fps that only drops at the start of the race. most settings are somewhere in the middle.

I can't tell you exactly, I'm in between homes and had to pack away my rig.

Why do you need a mod to run with PP on? I have a similar setup (you have a better CPU) and run with PP on and a higher Pixels per display of 1.3. I also didn't think you needed to do anything to enable ASW, I thought it was automatic. I can get a steady 90fps that only drops at the start of the race. most settings are somewhere in the middle.

I can't tell you exactly, I'm in between homes and had to pack away my rig.

Smoke and reflections are much lower than yours though, I found them to be hogs.

I'm a bit puzzled too. I also have a similar setup, with a slightly inferior CPU, and don't really have any problems with staying at 90fps even with pretty high settings (with low smoke and reflections) and 1.3 SS in the tray tool. I don't run PP because I've heard it really bogs down the FPS, but I don't really have a problem seeing brake lights either so haven't seen a need to. I believe there's a G&BW mod that has a PP filter designed to run with VR, maybe give that a try?

I'm a bit puzzled too. I also have a similar setup, with a slightly inferior CPU, and don't really have any problems with staying at 90fps even with pretty high settings (with low smoke and reflections) and 1.3 SS in the tray tool. I don't run PP because I've heard it really bogs down the FPS, but I don't really have a problem seeing brake lights either so haven't seen a need to. I believe there's a G&BW mod that has a PP filter designed to run with VR, maybe give that a try?

Check this out. This is what i tried to do.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pp-filter-for-oculus-rift-cv1.13651/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back