Setting up the grid manually

I was just wondering if there is a tool which allows you to set the grid manually instead of running qualifiers. I know there are tools for that in rFactor, but is there anything similar in evo?

I was just wondering if there is a tool which allows you to set the grid manually instead of running qualifiers. I know there are tools for that in rFactor, but is there anything similar in evo?

I'm not aware of any, but I have seen other Leagues describe doing it manually by getting everyone to do "manipulated" Qualy times.

My recommendation (if I guess why you want it) would be to do a manual parade lap, where everyone gets into the agreed order, then continue into a rolling start. Achieves the desired starting order and solves the turn 1 massacres.

Its the event software based on RACE 07 that we ran last year at the V-WTCC. It has some very cool features that we unfortunately not have in RACE 07.

In the league I help run in GTR2 we generally rig the grid by all going out on track together, forming into grid order on the start and all doing a lap in that order. We call out our time as we cross the line and the guy behind goes slower. It requires everyone to be on TeamSpeak though, which is as good as mandatory in our league.

Another way is to connect in grid order but it requires everyone on TS also

Granted we have the server manager program for GTR2 which allows is to use the !swap command to do it that way too. The problem with that is that by the time you've swapped a whole grid around someone will get bored in the pits and end up Dq'd for pushing cars around in other garages. Or someone will get DC'd and have to rejoin.

It can be a bit of a pain and I'm thinking of proposing a few changes for next year that will make everyone qualify prior to the race as it's so much easier that way.

I think warrens idea of a manuel rolling start os a good idea. Used to do that in ferrari challnge. The last person would shout clear b4 last corner, in gtre could type clear then race started when P1 put his foot down. Mate for sum exciting racing plus love doing a manual rolling start.

• Andrew Evans

it probably requires a custom client... ie. standard game client cannot interface with a race room server....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 368 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 512 39.1%