Setting up start points (rFactor)

I'm having problems with setting up starting points to my track. I tried to find solution from Edit Start/Finish position window but I couldn't figure it out. When I try to test my track in-game, car starts at the side of the terrain and is about fall to outside of the track and is stuck. Help please!

If you go to the edit window and then choose the positions option, you should see a load of big coloured rectangles appear at certain points around your track. All you need to do is treat those like objects and slide them up or down the centre line that you see, which looks like a long pipe with arrows on it (the arrows show the direction of travel for vehicles). I seem to remember the start position being green, but they all have the names on them, to make it clear. It's all in the window that you get to by clicking the green icon that looks like a flag at the top of the window.

I managed to place some kind of start points for practice runs. Start point is okay but rest of points are not. (This track is for drifting so I only need working start points from side of the track) But I can't create route for track itself because I'm getting those wrong way messages in-game. Any tips how to make it work?

I should've done course track instead of point-to-point but that's too late now.

http://i46.tinypic.com/309luut.jpg

There is a way of converting point-to-point track to looped AIW. Make a new looped track, follow the path you wish to drive. Press "M" and you can see all nodes from all tracks. If you keep M presses you can drag node to on top of one the nodes from the other tracks. It snaps and copies all it's parameters, XYZ and orientation and control arms. Create new nodes with CTRL+click. Do this for the whole length of the road. Make any adjustments now. What you are creating is a template for the looped AIW so most likely you need to smooth it around the intersections. Once your happy with te centerline and track borders (use cross-section to modify track width, don't use "track width" tool... try the difference..) Then create a new AIW. Go to track menu and untick all boxes from that "AIW track" so it doesn't render but most importantly, click the BTB ground off. Go back to AIW menu. The AIW is dropped to follow exactly the original track contours.

You can think in 2D when creating AIW, it hasn't got a height in BTB. It gets dropped to follow the uppermost surface that's marked as "BTB ground".. Using a looped track just to make the AIW is really quick and enables the point-to-point track to be used more efficiently, you know how to make the AIW for any kind of track this way. It's also useful to add new nodes to the original track to make the "AIW track" nodes behave better, play with the method for a while, i'm sure you get new ideas. You can change anything in the original track, just make sure to modify the "AIW track" nodes too...

The good part is that you don't need to manually start drawing the whole distance. BTB goes thru every waypoint every time you change any waypoints. That why good automatic is really necessary. This comes more important the longer your track is. +10km tracks single waypoint edit may take from 5 to 20 seconds... There just is no way of drawing long tracks that have many point-to-point track in them.. With "AIW track" method it becomes faster, i mean from 3 day AIW edit to 15 minute... I did this once, huge AIW edit that took days and during one coffeebreak i came up with this and the whole stuff was exported and ready for testing in 30 minutes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%