Setting up Oculus Rift DK2?... help needed!

Thomas Friedrich

DNA SimRacing
Hi guys,
I got my OR last weekend and tried out some demos and casual games from the Oculus Share webpage. I also managed to get Assetto Corsa running, with extended mode and OBS to mirror the OR (primary screen) on my monitor for the menu. For R3E I looked up some forums to help me get it started, but I haven't found a real guide or something that could solve my problems. I have added the startoption '-vr' in Steam (also tried to start .exe file with this extension from the explorer), but in most cases R3E freezes in the loading screen (the one with the changing advertisements) or if I get it started, the track loads up an just shows me a circling 'helicopter view' from the track, with all the cars standing in the starting grid. No menu is displayed and no key or button gets the race started... what am I doing wrong? Hope that someone here can help me...

I've done everything as described, no more crashes, but still I have the problem that the camera keeps cycling round the track and there is no menu... I just can't start the race...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 486
I have tried following various How-to's to get the DK2 working with RRRE but, it always shows 2 different images within the rift - probably the typical 2D image with the middle section missing. There is something stopping the DK2 from rendering it in 3D and the camera does not work either. No such problem with other titles.

Never had toruble getting working for me, although I should say everytime I go from normal viewing playing and make changes to play in the Rift, the first time I find myself in the car in pits ready to go, I cannot see anything just some images on the screen, with game audio in the background, so I have to exit out the game and go back in at which point it's fine. I wont guess what it is but happens everytime for me so I'm used to it.

I'm trying to envisage what you mean..unless you mean what I'm describing?

What I get is each eye seems to be looking in two different directions - left eye seeing left, right eye seeing right of center. The middle section is missing. Test this (when you get the wrong image) by closing one eye at a time and you'll see what I mean.

Most definitely, it just doesn't seem to render in Stereo and the camera doesn't light up at all - only in RRRE though. Every other game I've tried works fine.
I didn't think you'd missed any obvious things mate but always worth asking. I replied after starting it last night and I actually forgot to add -vr and I think I saw what you're seeing.
I can't think of anything really. I was playing last night in the Rift and same as always for me.

I didn't think you'd missed any obvious things mate but always worth asking. I replied after starting it last night and I actually forgot to add -vr and I think I saw what you're seeing.
I can't think of anything really. I was playing last night in the Rift and same as always for me.
Thanks for suggesting - no worries. I'll keep an eye out for solutions and re-trying occasionally. Someone on the Oculus forums found a fix by editing some game config files for another unfamiliar title so there is that but, I don't know where to look at this point. I may try a whole new game profile too in case there is something in there causing the issue.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%