Hey hey,

Always been into racing games but never had a wheel and never raced online, but now it’s time to join in.

I have a PS4 so want to use this.

Wheel:
First step is choosing a wheel. Not sure what wheel to go for. Logitech G29 seems common and better than both the Thrustmaster T150 & T300. Any thoughts here? Don’t really want to be spending more than £250.

Game/Sim:
It seems the tie up is between, GT Sport, PC2 and AC. I have the first PC and enjoy the range of cars and races. I’ve been luck enough to go to Le Mans a few times so do enjoy the endurance series, especially the Le Mans night race. However I’m really keen to get into regular online races and not sure if there is any difference in number of people on the different versions? Don’t want to buy one to find out no one plays it anymore. Not sure if it’s asking too much but it would be good to have a nice breadth of cars and tracks too. Any thoughts here?

All help appreciate!

Logitech G29 seems common and better than both the Thrustmaster T150 & T300.

The default pedals are better with the G29 but the T300 wheelbase is generally accepted as being smoother with better FFB. If you go for the T300 RS GT Edition, you get the standard T300 RS wheelbase but with the much better T3PA pedal set.

Upvote 0
Concur on the G29. I have it and it can be pretty noisy and distracting in certain games. GTS seems fine, but PC2 and F1 required me to turn down the track and curb effects.

It's got it's quirks, but I would still recommend starting with GTS. Huge on-line base and lots of content. I preferred the physics in PC2, but got my on-line kicks in GTS. I believe AC is limited on console due to lack of mods.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back