PC1 Setting up FFB in PCARS and disabling masking forces??

I have been part of PCARS near the beginning but am just only starting to try and play it..been busy loving AC.
Having said that the FFB is a mess in default config. I have looked in all the forums and can't seem to find a simple, dummy explanation on what all the FFB settings actually mean in real terms (relative adjust gain, per wheel movement, scoop knee, etc.)
It is very frustrating and trial and error for the last 5 hours hasn't gotten me anywhere.
I would also love to know how to turn off the masking forces in game and what exactly mz, sop lateral, fz, etc. all mean in real world terms.
If anyone can help even in the slightest or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy driving!

Please do keep this thread going and would love to see more FFB settings particularly with explanations as to why certain variable were made and the resulting outcome of each of those changes so that we all can learn and improve the experience for ourselves.

I am primarily interested in drifting and have mostly been doing so in AC (and irl hence my quest to "build" a drift simulator w motion rig etc).

So two nights ago, I had my first go at P-cars and only for a couple on minutes. But my feelings of it swung like a pendulum. Perhaps my initial impressions have been influenced by many friends and my first drive was not positive. However, very quickly on, I am beginning to discover how deep this game is in terms of FFB adjustability and how it can improve the driving experience with just a few tweaks... without having to "mod". I think the combination of that with setups are only waiting to be discovered. Perhaps I have been to hasty in my initial impressions and hope the community takes to this as much as they did for Assetto Corsa. And if they do, given the superior graphics and weather effect, do I dare say it could dethrone AC? Just my initial impressions/thoughts.

here are some snapshots of menus which some of you may already be more familiar with https://www.facebook.com/rusty.silv...11502271170.1073741854.100004969717635&type=3

This is precisely where this game fails. Who the hell wants to deal with all this crap?
Take a leaf out of the iR/AC/rF2 book - really simple straightforward FFB and wheel setup - the sim does the rest. I want a consistent wheel with consistent FFB in my hands so I can play with the car's setup. If the wheel is giving me bogus information how can I understand the car setup?
It's just the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a driving game.
What may have helped at least a little would have been a intuitive and helpful user interface. As it is it's just about one of the worst I've ever used.
Putting important relative input parameters across 4 or 5 separate areas, within different unrelated sections. It's almost like it was designed by a committee who never met. It's appalling.

I have been part of PCARS near the beginning but am just only starting to try and play it..been busy loving AC.
Having said that the FFB is a mess in default config. I have looked in all the forums and can't seem to find a simple, dummy explanation on what all the FFB settings actually mean in real terms (relative adjust gain, per wheel movement, scoop knee, etc.)
It is very frustrating and trial and error for the last 5 hours hasn't gotten me anywhere.
I would also love to know how to turn off the masking forces in game and what exactly mz, sop lateral, fz, etc. all mean in real world terms.
If anyone can help even in the slightest or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy driving!

Thanks for starting this thread!! I am a dummy when it comes to software and setting up configurations so I look forward to improving the pCARS FFB for my wheel with help from this thread. another big thanks in advance to all.

To understand the FFB tweaker parameters, and now also the FFB parameters in the setup screens, I'd recommend reading pCarsFFBGuideTopology3.pdf.

Fx, Fy, Fz and Mz are the forces picked up by the front wheels which acts on the spindle. The spindle arm is connected via the tie rods to the steering rack, and so the sum of these forces propagate to the steering wheel. Fx is the longitudinal force, Fy is the lateral force, Fz is the vertical force and Mz is the self aligning torque.

To permanently control the force effects mask you can make a default FFB tweaker file. It's easy to do and is explained in detail on WMD how to do this, as is the finer points of the FFB system in general. You'll also find complete sets of tweakers for all cars, the ones by Jack Spade being quite popular. You can have a look for yourself in the pCARS Game Controllers sub forum.
This link leads to a registration in which their no longer accepting new members!

The question is why those documents are not available to everyone?? As it seems (me included) a lot of people having trouble setting the game up to their likings ffb-wise. Is it some top secret information in there that wmd would have to shoot everyone who makes it available for public?? What´s up with that?

cheers

Does anyone else have a fanatec gt2 wheel and is struggling with project cars ffb?
The game looks fantastic but I've only managed to get satisfactory settings for a few cars. The road cars especially, glide round the track like an empty crisp packet on a lake! There's no sense that the car is connected to the road, no indication of over-steer 'til you go careering of the track.
I don't want to blow AC's trumpet here but you drive one of their cars and you immediately know what's happening regarding the relationship between the tyres and the track. It sadly makes some cars undriveable.
I've spent hours messing with the ridiculous amount of settings but with very little success.
If anyone's had success with the above wheel, please let me know how you did it.
Thanks

Hey guys,
want to share my settings with you, ive tested around for about some days now and figured some important things for myself and maybe for others too.

As there are alot of cars i wanted to create a basic ffb setup to start with when selecting a new car.
I decide from a couple of facts. mostly fwd / rwd / 4wd
Also street / race(more downforce)

so at the end ive managed to have 2 basic settings wich just need few changes to fit on each car.

I own a Driving Force Pro, but i guess since each wheel is diff. you have to adjust few parameters.
Just left the Logitech Profiler on standart
900°
100% overall intense
0%
0%
Active center spring on 0% and let the game change the settings.

Ingame:
FFB 100% Tyreforce 100% if i changed anything i cant remember, maybe i changed the deathzone from 0.01 to 0.05 as this higher the amount of forces i get.

Car Setup FFB:
The most important thing for me was the feel of over and understeer + i want to have more forces from curbs and such.
On the first page of the car setup ffb we got the front side of the car, the 2nd is for the rear side.
Master Scale = 40
Fx = 80
Fy = 40
Fz = 40
Mz = 120
All dampers set to 0
on the bottom change the value from 1.500 to 2.100

On the 2nd side we got to adjust 3 parameters my bad english skills wont let me explain exactly :D
But its the 4 values at the bottom except dampening
strongness 80
side strongness 40
difference 40
dampening 0

That setup would fit to a car like a gt3 ruf or kind of that.
To change it for a FWD street car, i would lower the rear values to 40/10/10/0
Also i would increase the front values to Master50/90/40/40/130

Thats simply all i do, and i get a useable setup each time.

Hello everyone,
i have the problem, that i can´t load the Jack Spade Tweaker Files:

121vnkm.png

jkzwut.png

Anyone know´s what i must do?

Thanks a lot an greetings
Luis

As i noticed , aint that hard to configure it for your taste. You dont need those files anyways.
But i guess you got to extract them to your gameprofile folder.
I think u did it right there. and they should be on. Like ppl said, you dont have to touch the settings ingame anymore.

So if anyone still got problems getting a good ffb setup, just ask me via pm.
i would write a big description on each value what they exactly do, but my english is just not that good and my game is in german. so.

If installed correctly they override any other settings, no matter what they were set before. There could be a information if they work or not, ingame. Would help.

I used some files of them for a day, and the difference was barely noticeable. It depends on your Wheel i guess. Had to deleete them and start my own configs from scratch. working ffb like in every other sim now, if not better or the best ive had for ever. all that sliders make a sense and are very noticeable since u know what they do.

forgot to mention. that counts for the car ffb setup. the game ffb setup + your driver options should be set default as i heard. but not 100% sure. i dont get how that should work, every wheel got diff. defaults.

Last edited:
Well i use the default in logitech profiler. set ingame ffb to 100% tyreforce too. and i set the value for deathzone from 0.01 to 0.05
The most important setup is the car ffb.

Master Scale = 40 < if you want to feel more from your front higher that
Fx = 80
Fy = 40
Fz = 40
Mz = 120
All smoothness set to 0
on the bottom change the value from 1500.0 to 2100.0 < if your car has a wide corner ankle higher that

at the second side (the 4 makes you feel the rear of your car when cornering)
also im using the strongness to alter the amount of overall ffb when driving over crubs.
if you feel to much bumps lower is to 50-60 also increase the amount of master scale on your fron tyres, to keep a balance.

Change the 4 values on the bottom to

strongness 80
side strongness 10
difference 10
dampening 0

Try that setup on a Gt3 car thats what i use it for, i alterate small things for street cars or the 1x series.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years