Setting up AI Manufacturer Diversity for Single Player

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Really enjoying the GT3 class and looking forward to many hours of single player races. My issue is I find it difficult to ensure I get a nice mix of cars as it seems I get a single Ferrari along with a couple of Corvettes and way too many Bentleys, Mercedes and McLarens in a 30 car field.
I understand how to boot and add AI in the race screen but that is a hit and miss prospect. I hope that once the NEW UI is finalized we can pick and choose the individual cars of AI that will be entered. In the meantime is it possible to create a GT3 car pack that only includes the cars you want to race using the MAS File Utility?

Last edited:
Yes, you can create a vmod that includes the cars & tracks you want. It will probably take some work to identify only the cars you want, but once you get them, you create a mod and off you go.....UNTIL..... any of the cars are updated. Then your mod will break and you get Unknown mod base errrors which just means you will have to repeat the process with the updated versions of the cars.

Reactions: DND
Thank you @davehenrie for giving me that bit of info as I was able to find the help I needed and created a MOD in minutes. I apologize if a thread is in regards to this but I did not find one.
For anyone that may want to do the same check it out in the MAS2 File Utility, it is simple to do.
1604008394786.png

While you're at it in the MAS2 utility, you can extract the .veh files and change the driver names and teams in there. I have an offline series with U.S. presidents and another with U.S. cowboy movie stars. Add the LogAnalyzer program and you can have the same drivers in the same cars every race and put together your own offline championship.

While you're at it in the MAS2 utility, you can extract the .veh files and change the driver names and teams in there. I have an offline series with U.S. presidents and another with U.S. cowboy movie stars. Add the LogAnalyzer program and you can have the same drivers in the same cars every race and put together your own offline championship.
that is awesome :)

So I created a multi-class with DPi, GTE and GT3. Are the cars and tracks within this new Mod copies of the original or is it essentially linking to those cars and tracks?
Again, if I understand what I am reading it sounds if you don't create a new file/folder and then if doing online racing it causes conflicts as then the names don't align.
My main concern is now would I extract the VEH files from my newly created Mod (DPi_GTE_GT3.MAS) save them and then re-install the mod?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back