Setting up a server

You just need a package folder with:
- acserver.exe
- acserver.bat ( in order to have a log file )
- a folder called "cfg" with a entry_list.ini and a server_cfg.ini file
- a folder called "content" with subfolders "cars" and "tracks"
- a folder called "system" with a subfolder "data"

This may be built on your own PC with ACserverlauncher and ACserverpackager afterwards.
Take this folder and copy it to your remote server, don't forget to open ports of course.
Launch server with acserver.bat

Afterwards, you even may change your entry_list and server_cfg.ini files manually with Notepad on your remote server.

You can configure the entire server from the ACserverlauncher.exe located in your Assetto Corsa folder (in Steam folder).
For the rest, the steps above should be sufficient ;)

So Now I got to the part that I can upload Mods to the server which I now know. Mods will come later if I can provide the downloads of the mods that I will use on my server.

Now to get to the point. I need a little help on the server settings.

I found this off from the forums I wanted to show you guys so you can understand better than I can

Info:
Start time: Mondays 7.30pm GMT (also see race countdown)
Race Starts Practice: 6 minutes
Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race distance: Approx. 40% race
Fuel usage: 280%
Tyre wear: 100%
Damage: 30%
Tyre blankets: turned on
Assists: Auto clutch only (server scripted)

Now with that info in place. Tell me what's the best settings to have for the Multiplayer? Using the Auto Clutch only may not be suitable for me but you know better than I do :p

Thanks Y'all!!

I suppose you mean a loop server with booking mode or something else ?
- booking mode: only possible to enter server during this period, so racers have to wait for next session if they are too late for booking. With loop, more than 1 track is possible. An empty entry_list for cars is enough
- Pickup mode: loop or not, only 1 track at a time per server, anybody may enter the server at all time .... Needs a prepared entry_list with cars and skins, but no choice of skins possible
- Pre-booking system: needs a complete entry_list with driver names and GUID, car and skins.
Only pre-booked drivers may enter the server at all time.

What do you mean by
- "Race distance: Approx. 40% race" ... It must be a number of laps.
- "Assists: Auto clutch only (server scripted)" why only with auto-clutch ?, allowed auto-clutch is enough, so that drivers without clutch pedal may also drive... ( but sure you mean Pro Mode without any assist, except maybe ABS and TC for some cars having them IRL on track )
- "Damage: 30%" it's very low ... rather have higher % for more realism and more penalizing bad driving. .... especially if you wish clean drivers on your server. ( even though rare are free servers with good fair-play and clean driving :whistling: )

If we know all what you wish, an example might be quickly given.

Edit:
If you wish to have a look at all possibilities and explanations, best have a look at the explained example at the AC forum at this page: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dedicated-servers-guide.18637/

Last edited:
Alright now. I've done some pretty good research from your Racing Clubs. I believe that settle my case. :rolleyes:

Now in the Realism controls I found something very interesting. Believe me I'm still a noob LOL

These quotes below
Race Information:
Start: standing
TC &ABS: Factory TC: yes ABS:no
Tyre & Fuel: 100% and 100%
Damage: 50%
Pitstop: Manditory: tyres must be changed!

I didn't see them in the CP in my server but I did see in the summary. I'm guessing players has to go into the summary first and setup the realism the way I see in the quotes before you join the server. Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Forgive me since I'm new here to Assetto Corsa :cool:

Alright now. I've done some pretty good research from your Racing Clubs. I believe that settle my case. :rolleyes:

Now in the Realism controls I found something very interesting. Believe me I'm still a noob LOL

These quotes below

I didn't see them in the CP in my server but I did see in the summary. I'm guessing players has to go into the summary first and setup the realism the way I see in the quotes before you join the server. Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Forgive me since I'm new here to Assetto Corsa :cool:
Start and pitstop are manually coordinated. There is no option for that. All the others have options in the tabs ;)

Neys has done hours and hours, days and days of work on this app, surely one of the best apps for AC, using Python ....

When a discussion began about the AC possibility of taking Python completely out of the game, he was discouraged and took his decision.... and I understand him of course, even if his decision was a bit too radical.

Hopefully Python might remain, anyway that's what it seems according to the discussion at AC forum. ... .. Let's hope Neys will change his mind in the future ... his work was so well done until now and he was so reactive ... it should be a pity if his work remained unfinished.

Such a perfect app for a league would be missed. :cry:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years