• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Setting height in Rift

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by hodge like, Jun 3, 2019.

1. hodge like

hodge like

Ratings:
    +68
    Guys, maybe sound silly but cannot seem to set the height for when I am in car... my view is in line with the drivers pedals. Changed my height in Oculus (making me just 3ft tall) but that did not solve it. Tried setting the in game seat positions but still could not get it to bring the car to my eye level.

Also, the game does not fully exit back to Steam & have to Task Manage, restart the system.

Cheers in advance for any help.

2. eracerhead

eracerhead

Ratings:
    +0
    In car, press esc and choose ‘settings’

3. hodge like

hodge like

Ratings:
    +68
    Tried that as per my original post. When I start the game sat in my rig, I have to look up to see the loading screen too.

4. tristancliffe

tristancliffe

Ratings:
    +52
    Press "Control + Space" to reset the view. You may need to undo changes to seat position that'll now be too high.

5. hodge like

hodge like

Ratings:
    +68
    It worked by starting via Steam VR.

6. Turk

Turk

Ratings:
    +319
    Is there a way to fix that? I just assumed it was going off the settings in Oculus? It's not the worst thing but it's slightly annoying.

7. hodge like

hodge like

Ratings:
    +68
    Really not sure. I set my height in Rift settings, started via Steam VR & it was fine then.

8. ears

ears
    Listen, we're bona fide, we're not from London. Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    Yeah I start the game way too low in ACC on my Rift.

I used to have Joytokey mapping a button on my wheel to ctrl+space but that's stopped working since 1.0.

I have a button mapped to the game's reset view function but that only works when I'm driving the car, not in any menus.

So currently I have to join the server, click 'drive' from the menu (which I can't see because all I see is my feet) which resents my view, then menu and 'return to garage' to do setup stuff (as I can now see the menu) then off I go.

The view settings menu is for minor adjustments once you're at the right height.

It's a bit annoying but there are many things more annoying than that in ACC right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.