setting driving view

Im sure theres a way to set the view to the bonnet view

im currently using camhack but its a pain setting the view at the start of every stage

anyone know how?

thanks

I don't think so.

Try changing the key to enable camhack to "enter", and then it will enable anytime you go into a stage, that way you only need to push the preset button. See if you can't map a button on your wheel to the preset number, then it won't be too much of a hassle at all.

It's not as eloquent as it simply being that view everytime, but it's not too bad either, and better to have a view you like than not.

thats a good idea to set the enable button as 'enter'
the main reason for not wanting to use camhack is because i have a problem
after every stage i like to look at the results menu and scroll down to see how everyone is getting on .

now if i dont click back on the other menu 'where it says what stage, what car etc.etc
when i go into the next stage the force feedback on my wheel moves the camera

so im flat out in 6th gear , over a jump and on the hard landing ,,,,lots of force feedback and bang my camera turns to the left ,, now i cant see where im going ha ha then crash:)

but if i dont look at the results everything is fine , very odd???

How bizarre, check what button you have assigned to "look left" in your Camhack. Try assigning something else to it.

Force feedback is sent from the PC to the wheel, so it's utterly bizarre that it should cause an issue like that. Computers are strange. :O_o:

It is possible to set the driving-view in the ini-file of the car, yes. I prefer to do that as I have never really bothered with the camhack.

What I essentially do is go in the Lancer Evo 65.ini and copy one of the values there (I never remember which one - make a backup before you start) and paste it in the same named-field in the ini of the car you wat to use. Test-drive, and adjust the values correspondingly to fine-tune the driving-view to how you like it.
Then copy the ini-file to a secure place, as it seems like the RSRBR-program restore the
default ini-file from time to time.

It might be a bit time-consuming, but that is the way I have gone about it :)

It is possible to set the driving-view in the ini-file of the car, yes. I prefer to do that as I have never really bothered with the camhack.

What I essentially do is go in the Lancer Evo 65.ini and copy one of the values there (I never remember which one - make a backup before you start) and paste it in the same named-field in the ini of the car you wat to use. Test-drive, and adjust the values correspondingly to fine-tune the driving-view to how you like it.
Then copy the ini-file to a secure place, as it seems like the RSRBR-program restore the
default ini-file from time to time.

It might be a bit time-consuming, but that is the way I have gone about it :)

thats the answer i was looking for. thanks Roy
have you got room for a driver in your team on rallyesim?
im currently with team turkey but there is no communication and no banter , just plain boring:(

thats the answer i was looking for. thanks Roy
have you got room for a driver in your team on rallyesim?
im currently with team turkey but there is no communication and no banter , just plain boring:(
I do not run any team over there, I have been drafted in to PoR by the guys over at www.cmsracing.com. I think there might be room in the sister team, though, head over and check it out :)

This tool will allow you to modify .ini files without RSRBR overwriting them:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4302

thanks i have tried and tried to change the view through the files but i cannot get it to where i want it,

i want a bonnet view for the 207 s2000 and ds3 RRC

If you have some spare time could you give it a go and then give me the numbers to save to my ini. file,
would be much appreciated

Had a play around and figured out what to change. Here's for the DS3:

Code:
[Cam_bonnet2]
FOV=1.308997
Near=0.037100
Pos=0.000000 0.974777 -2.426424
Target=0.000000 0.624589 -5.879622
Up=0.000000 0.052750 0.998608

I'll let you do the 207 though.

So the line we want to change is the "Pos" line. Which is the camera position. Imagine you are sitting in the middle of the car, facing forwards.
The first number after Pos is how far left or right you are sitting. A positive number, is more left.
The second number is how far up you are sitting, with a positive number being higher.
The third number is how far forwards you are sitting. A greater negative number is more forwards.

You should be able to get away with just raising the default bonnet cam until the bonnet is in view. Also, you might want to offset the view if that's your preference, I personally favor a driver side bonnet view.

Had a play around and figured out what to change. Here's for the DS3:

Code:
[Cam_bonnet2]
FOV=1.308997
Near=0.037100
Pos=0.000000 0.974777 -2.426424
Target=0.000000 0.624589 -5.879622
Up=0.000000 0.052750 0.998608

I'll let you do the 207 though.

So the line we want to change is the "Pos" line. Which is the camera position. Imagine you are sitting in the middle of the car, facing forwards.
The first number after Pos is how far left or right you are sitting. A positive number, is more left.
The second number is how far up you are sitting, with a positive number being higher.
The third number is how far forwards you are sitting. A greater negative number is more forwards.

You should be able to get away with just raising the default bonnet cam until the bonnet is in view. Also, you might want to offset the view if that's your preference, I personally favor a driver side bonnet view.

Your a STAR man Michael . Thankyou for taking your time to explain this

Well, I still do not understand why you guys go the hard way.

Using the pacenote plugin's ("The Beast") builtin camera editor you would not have to fiddle with those ini files and could wysiwig edit your cams positions.

At least you could take the values from there and put them in a save place where rsrbr does not overwrite them, if appropriate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%