Setting advice please

Crispin Williamson

Washed up Supermoto racer in an MDF box in York
Hi,
I'm new to PC's and sim racing but love it. Messed around with some different settings in assetto and done OK. Some kill frame rate even though CPU at 25% etc.
I have triple monitors
980ti card
intel i5-7500 turbo 3.5hz
8gb ram

If anyone has any really good settings for nvidia inspector etc I'd really appreciate it

Your playing at what resolution and what fps do you need?
Using inspector for AC (in my experience) does nothing but take performance away (unlike other Sims) so i would just suggest sliding all sliders to max and work back and setting nVidia control panel and inspector to default except setting to prefer maximum performance.
The two reflections sliders and post processing hit fps the hardest for me.
Aliasing in AC is not ao great and my biggest issue for me on the graphical side and you can set it to 8x in a mod called content manager or by changing the graphics plr file.

I have three 60hz 1080 monitors so run vsync. I have tried antialiasing and anisotropic in game and in inspector.
So probably better off not having an inspector profile and just use nvidia control panel?
I've turned smoke off and reflections down to help but not sure on Aa and anisotropic.

I do but people swear blind not to but i'll do anything to try to limit aliasing .
Honestly there is no need to use control panel for AA as it does nothing unless you use inspector and sparse grid X4 atleast but your GPU wont deal with that well at all .
I use a 1070 @ 4k with everything maxed except shadows high,glare normal and reflection rendering very high and also use v-sync .
A little trick that works for me , not sure why or what its doing is to hit Alt + Tab before selecting start once the car/track has loaded ??? not sure why but if i forget to do this i get a little stutter for the whole race but after doing it upon race start its all smooth .

I dont use FXAA...I also turn motion blur, heat shimmering and depth of field effects off completely...the biggest hit to my framerates is the reflection quality and frequency. I find that from the driver eye view its not so important but if you drive from the hood cam you need good reflections...but thats just me :)
I find the 'Natural' post-processing effect is a good place to start...I cant remember if its a mod or not...turning off the Post processing gives a big framerate increase but then the other cars brake lights dont show lol.
I only use the Nvidia control panel to setup the monitor bezel for triple monitors...everything else I do in-game.
regards.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%