Set ups in ACC

OK I know I'm not a Platinum or even a Silver driver but the lap times I'm managing in ACC are quite a long way off the existing (real world) speeds. (2.01 at Nurburgring GT layout).

Are there any set up tricks or settings for TC, ABS that can help here? I'm trying not to use driving assists if possible...

best regards

Nick Morgan

There is no easy way to get faster I believe. TC and ABS settings will not make you faster per se.

You have to learn the track, the ideal line(s) and try to increase your laptimes through training. Nailing good exit speeds might be most crucial when the circuit has more straights than corners. ;-)

Plus different cars might need different driving techniques. I wouldn't switch from car to car, but stick to one for the beginning and learn how to exploit its particular strength.

There are lots of reference videos on ideal lines, e.g. Unleashed Drivers on YT.

Good luck and have fun!

Brake later and harder, power on earlier, dont be afraid to really push your car hard!
Yeah, that simple ;)
Its not but it is a problem for a lot of people myself included, simply not pushing the car hard enough, default aggressive setups and push it harder.

There are a 1001 things that could be holding you back from car setup to controlller to actual ability, how do you compare in other games?
One thing that i found that helped a lot was DOR, in RR i always used 450 but found this way too twitchy in ACC and changed to 540 and started finding time everywhere. LC brakes? too firm\soft, try a little softer\harder.
FFB dont have it too firm\hard you dont need to be fighting with the wheel, feel the wheel and what the car is doing but not fighting it, and on that note what controller are you using?

Could go on all night but so many variables.

Practice, practice and more practice ;)

Edit - Totally missed the thread title and topic................use the aggressive setups, learn the car and track characteristics, drive harder ;)

Last edited:

I would also add up that AC & ACC braking is different to other racing games by a large margin to the point it's almost trolling peep.

One technique you should learn is to test front vertical load under braking & try to hold it thorough the whole corner entry.

When you turn in & release the brake pressure, it should not be progressive at all. Always have in mind that you have to build vertical load by waiting with the brake pressure, before increasing the rotation of the steering. After you can release the brake pressure a tad bit & repeat.

Also it's very important what angle the nose of the car is pointed just before the apex. The arcade trail braking or bomb diving mechanic makes your car rotate more & is essential technique to win effortless. If you press the accelerator before the apex, it will ruin the advantage of having your nose pointed for better traction for exit.

You have to learn the track, the ideal line(s) and try to increase your laptimes through training. Nailing good exit speeds might be most crucial when the circuit has more straights than corners. ;-)

For all tracks you spend almost all (90-95%) on the gas and only a tiny amount on the brakes. Braking is of course important. But only provides you with a few tenths where good exit speed and also getting on the gas as soon as possible can provide seconds per lap. Aris has a good video on this very point.

also, find a car you are comfortable in. One you feel suits your driving style at this point in time. I will guess it’s not the car you’re using as most start in a car they have always liked (looks/brand/real world) and tbh it maybe your favourite but also the worst choice in game. I fell into this at the start myself.

Once you find a car, say the McLAREN 720S, Drive just that car and learn it and go from there.

I only got back into sims after 10+ years away in December.Back in December, driving the car I loved, and wasn’t suited to my skill and driving style I could only get around Spa in like 2:28’s. I was told to try a different car that suited my style more and in a few laps was in the 2:24’s. Now, 6 more months later, another car and I have broken into the 2:18’s.

So.... I car suited to you, time, and maybe a few setups off YouTube later, it will come...

Last edited:
Brake later and harder, power on earlier, dont be afraid to really push your car hard!
Yeah, that simple ;)
Its not but it is a problem for a lot of people myself included, simply not pushing the car hard enough, default aggressive setups and push it harder.

There are a 1001 things that could be holding you back from car setup to controlller to actual ability, how do you compare in other games?
One thing that i found that helped a lot was DOR, in RR i always used 450 but found this way too twitchy in ACC and changed to 540 and started finding time everywhere. LC brakes? too firm\soft, try a little softer\harder.
FFB dont have it too firm\hard you dont need to be fighting with the wheel, feel the wheel and what the car is doing but not fighting it, and on that note what controller are you using?

Could go on all night but so many variables.

Practice, practice and more practice ;)

Edit - Totally missed the thread title and topic................use the aggressive setups, learn the car and track characteristics, drive harder ;)

Thanks for all that... I'm using a G27 wheel and pedals... Paddle gear changes for ACC.

Nick Morgan

@NickMorgan Just a quick anekdote...

What I did in the beginning was test all GT3 cars on a circuit I know pretty well and see with which car I feel the safest to do consistent laptimes.
At the beginning I chose front/mid engined cars like the Nissan and the Merc. They have also good acceleration out of slow corners, so you can get away with minor mistakes on corner exit compared to certain other cars.
But the longer I drove them, the more I wanted for more rotation, sharper entry speeds and such. Ultimately I loved the Ferrari and settled on the McLaren 720S in the end.

I think this progress was quite fun in itself and over this period I reduced my laptimes considerately as @Günthar Rowe alluded to.

@NickMorgan maybe we should look at Nurburgring, since it is the track you mentioned. What car are you using? Are you using the ‘safe’ or ‘aggressive’ as your base setup? How many km’s have you done there so far, as this will give an indication of experience at Nurburgring (in ACC)?

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for your advice... It is very helpful.

GTR2 and rFactor 1 are my preferred games but AC and ACC seem pretty realistic and challenging.

I have been driving the Audi Evo mostly... 551km of which more than half of the laps are invalid (54/56 valid/invalid). I have now got down to 1.59.961 through some of the advice on YouTube. I have also tried the Mclaren, the Ferrari, The Bentley, Aston GT3 and the Merc. The slower corners are the ones I am focussing on, particularly the Mercedes Arena (T2-4).

Mr Deap's Q&A (by the way, it's far more advanced than driver61)

Why perform better between X vs Y title?
-Because it's arcade

What is the most efficient & productive way to fix that problem despite X & Y use the same car/track layout without getting trolled?
-Watch esport conquest fanboys play their favorite game.

;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%