set up PC for a gaming session

Hi all,

so, my desktop PC which started by being solely for sim racing, is now being used more and more for other ends.

The thing is, evertyime I want to go sim racing I have to close a number or programs, start quite a few ( steam, oculus, crewchief, OTT, simhub etc) which is always boring and time-comsuming.

My question is:
is a there a way ( an app, a script, other) to make this process automatic?

At least a way to start all the programs dedicated to sim racing all at once, prior to hitting the track.

Thanks in advance

Not sure about scripts... I'm not very good with stuff like that. But couldn't you have two user profiles set up. One for sim and one for other tasks. That way you could have the sim racing profile load up with those programs in the startup process, the other profile would start up with the programs you use for the other tasks?

If it's just closing and opening some apps, you could certainly write a script for that, which is what you already mentioned yourself, so I'm not sure what the question really is. Even a simple batch file might work, though you might need some additional command line utilities for it to be a bit more elegant. Then there's of course PowerShell. And if you want external/third party, then something like AutoHotkey should work as well.

Not sure about scripts... I'm not very good with stuff like that. But couldn't you have two user profiles set up. One for sim and one for other tasks. That way you could have the sim racing profile load up with those programs in the startup process, the other profile would start up with the programs you use for the other tasks?
I thought of that and I think it's a valid option. thanks

If it's just closing and opening some apps, you could certainly write a script for that, which is what you already mentioned yourself, so I'm not sure what the question really is. Even a simple batch file might work, though you might need some additional command line utilities for it to be a bit more elegant. Then there's of course PowerShell. And if you want external/third party, then something like AutoHotkey should work as well.
exactly. In the meantime, I found a way and successfully wrote a script and it works okay.
It's all here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/launch-multiple-programs-with-one-shortcut-in-windows-10

Now, the only thing missing is a batch file to reverse the order i.e. to close all the programs at once.
I tried replacing START with STOP / END / CLOSE in the script, to no avail.
If you have any clues, let me know.

There's no such command as stop, end or close, unlike the "start" command, so of course it won't work. You'd have to either use kilall, or, as already suggested, some additional command line utilities or another solution to close the apps less drastically.

My question is:
is a there a way ( an app, a script, other) to make this process automatic?

At least a way to start all the programs dedicated to sim racing all at once, prior to hitting the track.

Thanks in advance

One I use is BatchRun very easy to use and setup

There's no such command as stop, end or close, unlike the "start" command, so of course it won't work. You'd have to either use kilall, or, as already suggested, some additional command line utilities or another solution to close the apps less drastically.

exactly. It wat just a noob trial-and-error attempt. I noticed killall or taskill will do, but it seems like an abrupt way of doing things

So how did you go with BatchRun ?

Here is mine for rF2
I run Batchrun ( even though you don't need to ) that way you can enable/disable whatever you want to use each session then click Execute, if you want you can add all sims to the one brs and just tick the one you wish to use ;)

Kill VPN
Run Afterburner
Run Riva Tuner
Run HWINFO
Run CrewChief
Run Sim Dashboard
Run Steam
Run rFactor2

edit: Also Kill Malwarebytes Pro

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:
So how did you go with BatchRun ?

Here is mine for rF2
I run Batchrun ( even though you don't need to ) that way you can enable/disable whatever you want to use each session then click Execute, if you want you can add all sims to the one brs and just tick the one you wish to use ;)

Kill VPN
Run Afterburner
Run Riva Tuner
Run HWINFO
Run CrewChief
Run Sim Dashboard
Run Steam
Run rFactor2

edit: Also Kill Malwarebytes Pro

View attachment 450294
I'm yet to try it. Will do it soon. Thanks, DD

Relatively easy to set things up using Elgato StreamDecks. One at your workstation and another in your cockpit. Multi-step macro programmed into each that switches everything needed for intended use. Check this set-up out:

Last edited:
Relatively easy to set things up using Elgato StreamDecks. One at your workstation and another in your cockpit. Multi-step macro programmed into each that switches everything needed for intended use.

They look good but very expensive for something you can easily do with a free batch file.

I'm yet to try it. Will do it soon. Thanks, DD
I've just tested BatchRun and it's prety easy to set up.
I've made one for Gaming Mode - to start all the apps I usually fire up and close unneccesary programs - and other for Desktop Mode - where basically I'm reverting the command i.e closing all Apps related to gaming.

With the first batch evertyhing runs as expected. With the Desktop mode things are not working that well - some programs are not closing (I've tried End Proccess and Kill Procces). I need to check what's wrong.

Apart from that, I also would like a command / batch to disable real-time protection in Windows Defender ( is it feasible?) and also a way to close Teams, Dropbox and mail. All these three are not responding to the End / Kill Proccess. I must have something wrong with the path.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back