Servers are down...? Can that mean...

Far be it from me to start any rumours... :whistling: but all the R3E servers are down (at least when I try 'em).

Does that mean a juicy new year's present is on the way? Maybe a very long circuity thingy?

Ready to go... :ninja:

Bout time people stop nagging about the always online part, it's not going away anytime soon, probably never, if you despise it so much don't play it....
R3E is one of the few sims on the market that you can't find a pirate download for, so it's rather unlikely they'll give up on that.

No offence to you Kjell, but it's not really up to you to tell others what they should and shouldn't be allowed to be upset with. How else are devs meant to gauge their users reactions to aspects of their software if not through forum feedback?

I'm pretty sure that always online SP / flaky servers are one of the least liked aspects of an otherwise great game. I understand why they put it in place but the implementation is flawed from a user perspective. And when I have limited spare time to actually drive sims, being unable to play one due to server issues is frustrating and worth venting about.

No offence to you Kjell, but it's not really up to you to tell others what they should and shouldn't be allowed to be upset with. How else are devs meant to gauge their users reactions to aspects of their software if not through forum feedback?

I'm pretty sure that always online SP / flaky servers are one of the least liked aspects of an otherwise great game. I understand why they put it in place but the implementation is flawed from a user perspective. And when I have limited spare time to actually drive sims, being unable to play one due to server issues is frustrating and worth venting about.
I'm just saying, it's not going away, no matter how much people nag about it, so you are better off turning your back on the game and play something else because nagging will get you nowhere in this case. Ofc I can't stop it, but just as you find it frustrating to not be able to play, I find it frustrating to see people nag about things that just ain't gonna change.
You're right though, it's not up to me to tell people what they are allowed to be upset with or not, though I'm just venting my frustration just as you guys are.

I'm just saying, it's not going away, no matter how much people nag about it, so you are better off turning your back on the game and play something else because nagging will get you nowhere in this case. Ofc I can't stop it, but just as you find it frustrating to not be able to play, I find it frustrating to see people nag about things that just ain't gonna change.
You're right though, it's not up to me to tell people what they are allowed to be upset with or not, though I'm just venting my frustration just as you guys are.
Cheers Kjell, it's all good.

Some beta testers have hinted that the Nordschleife is not due for imminent release so I doubt it's that. Would love to be surprised though.
More than hinted at.
Several beta-testers have categorically stated that Nordschleife wouldn't released be until well into 2016.
Actually, since I have two weeks of vacation coming up in January, I will bet serious money on the fact that it'll be released right AFTER my vacation.......:(
So that'll be Feb 4th. :D

Anyway, AFAIK the only thing more or less ready for release are the NSUs.

Bout time people stop nagging about the always online part, it's not going away anytime soon, probably never, if you despise it so much don't play it....

Kjell, I think people would be more tolerant of the "always on-line" policy if the servers were more reliable. It's the combination of the two issues that is the root of the dissatisfaction.
Maybe Sector 3 aren't prepared to change the "always on-line" policy, but perhaps they can do something to improve the server reliability.

Kjell, I think people would be more tolerant of the "always on-line" policy if the servers were more reliable. It's the combination of the two issues that is the root of the dissatisfaction.
Maybe Sector 3 aren't prepared to change the "always on-line" policy, but perhaps they can do something to improve the server reliability.
Absolutely, and I know for a fact that they are continuously working on improving that, it's not a matter throwing more hardware at it, they need to make the software more stable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%