Server Rental Options

Posted this yesterday, mysteriously vanished without a trace... Hopefully that was a mistake. Anyways....

Looking to rent a server as I want to get a league / club under my control up and running. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't host myself for a variety of reasons so I'm looking at renting a server.

After we discovered the issue with the server for the F1 2000 series, the Hostile Contact one worked just fine. By default the data rate was set so low it just couldn't cope, but once we raised it, everything was smooth. Even the couple of Australians were fairly stable, despite being on a German server.

There is no US based leagues,:) some club races but with very low turnout. Hopefully Matt can bring some attention to this sim in US time zone. Could be good for all concerned.

I have contacted my fellow Staff-Members to have a look into this. Stay tuned folks. ;)

EDIT:
And there you go. The Staff bongos are working great here at RD.
See Post below this one. :)

Last edited:
@Matt Orr

Hey Matt, it's good that the US/American attention is getting bigger and bigger. Being honest, we are keenly looking into finding servers for all games, not only GSCE, based in the US so players in the American continent are able to get resonable good pings and do our club races + leagues. Currently our servers are based in the Netherlands or Australia

We are going to take look into this severely, if you are willing to look together with us, we'll be more than happy to get some additional hands. It's about time we get a US based server :).

It is not getting bigger. If it gets bigger it's going to be because of EB;).. We get 2 to 3 racers signing up so It would be wise just to help him. Then he might throw some love this way. Our pings are fine as Ive been racing here for over a year and have had no problems. I think RD is making a big mistake here by rat-holing something that does not exist. Euro's always complain they don't understand Americans so let us help you.:D

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's getting bigger somewhat, Jeff. I think we just need a little incentive to get more sign ups and the rat-holing doesn't exist, I agree :), but I believe with an American server I think we would get a bit more interest.

The rest would be just to continue Dennis, mine and the others work to host club races and try to attract the interest of the American audience. The US is the second country with most site visits, losing only to the UK. We see there's potential, we just need to figure out how to extract this potential to everyone's advantage.

And by helping Matt/EB, we also help ourselves Jeff :). It's a win win situation, in my perspective.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back