Server or Multiplayer Setup

Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of or outline the best way to setup a multiplayer in GSCE?

I know certain things have to be set, but whenever I try in game itself the "invitee" always get "time out" errors.

I have looked at FAQ's. It mentions about setting ports and so on but although I am fairly techy I just don't follow it.

It's probably just one of those things that once you set up a multiplayer once or twice it seems simple (I hope!)

You need to open ports on a dedicated server in order to host.
TCP port 34747 must be opened. In addition to this, the UDP port numbers are listed in the multiplayer.ini as 34597 and 34697 by default need to be opened. You need to open from these two UDP numbers upwards for each server you have open.
Source: http://game-stockcar.com.br/faq-2/?lang=en
Those ports need to be opened on your router and windows firewall.

Hi Davy, thanks for that.

Yes I did read this in the FAQ's but I think my issue is I have no idea how to set these rules from within Windows Firewall (something I've never touched) or from within the router (which I would imagine is slightly more tricky).

I will have a look and see if I can figure it out from online guides and so on.

Windows Firewall I can see guides for so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've found this for netgear:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/d...net-games-and-applications-on-netgear-routers

Looks correct for what I need? Setup as a QoS permission?

EDIT: found an interesting site called portforward.com which has various guides on it so hopefully that will help. My only concern is that my ISP uses dynamic not static IP addresses. But we'll see how it goes :)

EDIT (again...) Found this on Netgears site, looks like the right way to set this up?
http://kb.netgear.fr/app/answers/de...-on-routers-with-the-netgear-genie-interface?

Last edited:
Hi Davy, thanks for that.

Yes I did read this in the FAQ's but I think my issue is I have no idea how to set these rules from within Windows Firewall (something I've never touched) or from within the router (which I would imagine is slightly more tricky).

I will have a look and see if I can figure it out from online guides and so on.

Windows Firewall I can see guides for so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've found this for netgear:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/d...net-games-and-applications-on-netgear-routers

Looks correct for what I need? Setup as a QoS permission?

EDIT: found an interesting site called portforward.com which has various guides on it so hopefully that will help. My only concern is that my ISP uses dynamic not static IP addresses. But we'll see how it goes :)

EDIT (again...) Found this on Netgears site, looks like the right way to set this up?
http://kb.netgear.fr/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046/~/how-do-i-configure-port-forwarding-on-routers-with-the-netgear-genie-interface?
Yes, that last link is the way to do it.
Also add your Server IP Address. Thats your PC ip address.

Can't believe you have to be a rocket scientist to make this work.... tried those instructions accessed the Huawei router interface through IP address but too much going on that I know nothing about.
All I want is to be able to host a multiplayer race on my one home computer, and allow the user of a second computer in my house to join the race.
Set it all up through GSCE multiplayer with no password but when we try join it times out.
Both machines can join other servers no problem, just cannot join the ones we create lol
Any suggestions other than the stuff above this post?

Can't believe you have to be a rocket scientist to make this work.... tried those instructions accessed the Huawei router interface through IP address but too much going on that I know nothing about.
All I want is to be able to host a multiplayer race on my one home computer, and allow the user of a second computer in my house to join the race.
Set it all up through GSCE multiplayer with no password but when we try join it times out.
Both machines can join other servers no problem, just cannot join the ones we create lol
Any suggestions other than the stuff above this post?
Unfortunately opening the router ports really is the only way to do it. It is not an issue of the games but one of router design. Since most user of the devices aren't fluent in the requires for maintaining a safe and secure network most routers ship with extremely restrictive settings which effectively deny almost any communication which is initiated from the outside. Due to this the router ports need to be opened to accept communications on them and typically you will additionally need to instruct the router to the data received on those ports to the correct machine within your network. The last requirement means it is generally a good idea to set the server machine to use a static Internal IP too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 413 40.0%