Server only shows up under LAN and not public

Hi, trying to create a private server to race with a few friends. I followed the guides and added the 9600 UDP/TCP and 8081 HTTP ports to my router settings and set up the server from within Content Manager. I have the "make server public (show on lobby" checked but when I go to run the server, it only shows up under LAN and not KUNOS (public). How do I fix this?

You need to supply more information if you expect help. There are countless routers with different ways to forward AC traffic to your machines. "added 9600 UDP/TCP and 8081 HTTP" does not really mean anything. Added these port to *what* part of your route config?

google 'port forwarding assetto corso' and you will find many tutorials online -- I went through the same exercise myself recently and it is pretty strait forward.

Dom

You need to supply more information if you expect help. There are countless routers with different ways to forward AC traffic to your machines. "added 9600 UDP/TCP and 8081 HTTP" does not really mean anything. Added these port to *what* part of your route config?

google 'port forwarding assetto corso' and you will find many tutorials online -- I went through the same exercise myself recently and it is pretty strait forward.

Dom

When I say 9600/8081 I am of course referring to port forwarding in the router settings. This is one of the videos that I followed and I watched a few other ones to verify.

Use a portchecker like "you get signal", "can you see me" or similar to make sure your ports are really open.

Then you need to select "register in lobby" or something similar in the server settings.

check your server logs, that is the first indication as to whether your ports are working. if the file says 'ok' down the bottom it has established connection. if it says failed connection/attempt, your ports aren't forwarded correctly. Make sure you have set up your static IP address and port forward to that address. I set up the static IP in my Telstra router because setting it up on the computer didn't register in the router. My ports forwarded are different but the ports you forward for TCP shouldn't matter. As long as your http is correct it shouldn't matter.

where do i find these settings?
Random internet picture in German that I've saved some years ago to configure my router:

1637134888196.png

8D1CDE13-4BD8-4880-8F2C-4283CE9F829B.jpeg
E98C75F7-BB5C-4ED4-B9CF-BBB1FC55ADC4.jpeg

I’m having the same problem and I’ve followed all the steps. The Dedicated Server GUI app runs runs it but only Lan is available. I posted this command window so you can see the error for no TCP connection. My firewall has it all to run in public and private. Any help is appreciated

Hi guys. I had the same problem, and now i figured out. If you done with the port forwarding, you need to enable the ports go through your firewall, and when its done, you need to set in the cfg file, REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1 and when you done, you need to start the server.exe file as administrator. Enjoy it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%