Server List Lobby down?

Given there may always be a feeling of danger when a 7-year-old game's multiplayer servers suddenly aren't reachable anymore, here's some relief - Sector3/Ex-SimBin are aware and working on it :) (quote from their FB page)

pHgGmoB.png

Jay Ekkel replied with this in the R3E forum when I asked him if the Race 07 servers were dead:

"We received reports that the server was down yesterday (thanks for the reports), we looked into it and found that the problem is that the server never moved as an asset to the new studio. Even though it was supposed to. Our IT guy is working on solving the problem. I have no ETA."

Link

Oh my. Wow. :) Well, thanks for the info/asking

I guess that likely slims down the chances of having a race today. I wonder if this is about a physical server at their old location not having moved (seems unlikely) or whether its about a server hosted with a server hosting company that wasn't transferred (and thus possibly not paid for). Really hoping the server hasn't already been wiped by the hoster if the latter one is true :D

Im looking for info on setting up dedicated servers now - does anyone know some place not just walking through port-problems but also how to run multiple servers on different config files (and more advanced features as well).

Im sure @Dennis Phelan and many else can guide me here! ;) (have googled, probably am awful googler)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 99 14.0%