Server Grip Calculator

hi m8
I made two calculations in excel in order to find the optimal configuration for the server grip
The calculations take into account the factor of randomness, tranfer rate, % grip for lap ect.
requirements:
Know the average lap time to calculate how much will be accumulated grip (enter in "seconds")
Know the client on server to calclute max grip amount
  • the causal factor comes as causal calculated with a formula in excel to return the real start grip
  • is taken into account the transfer rate
of course the file return the maximum values then as if the client had the most of the opportunity and most important a possible scenario on server.

The purpose is to be able to set up a server with a credible grip transaction
every yellow cells can be edited
every session add a randomness factor as designed by kunos
randomness is taken as 1=1% ; 30=30%
added output for default preset grip as singlepalyer
(Note for kunos scenario edit only client, minute or lap and average time on track)
edit

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks this a cool tool.
Im not clear on one thing, in the picture I attached I cant work out why the final grip is .96

if I started at .9 then did 1 laps with 10 clients then the grip should increase by 1% every lap right? as my lap for grip is set to 10.
30 mins racing in practice at 88 secs a lap should be about 20 laps completed by each client which means approx. 20% increase in grip?. Yet the calculation says it only increases by 6% ie: .9 to .96
I think you are compensating for people maybe not completing the full amount of laps for each client but that's still a big difference
what am I missing?

Regards

Attachments

• assetto.JPG
    assetto.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 379
ok have a few more questions with picture I uploaded.

10 clients and lap for grip =10 means each lap completed by the field will give a grip increase of 1%
30 min practice@88mins a lap means 20 laps completed so that's a 20% increase in grip? yet yours only increases by 10%- I have set all clients run to 100%

also why is your transfer rate not applying to the race?

cheers

Attachments

• grip.JPG
    grip.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 290
Kunos said that transfer rate is applied to spread between start and end session, and
start grip value is resetting to defined value for every session
so : in your situation
start grip =0.8 transfer rate=0.6
end session practice =0.9
qualify start=0.8+ (0.9-0.8)*0.6=0.86, qualify end session 0.96
race start session=0.8+(0.96-0.86)*0.6=0.86

Ops... you are right found a error in practice mode math count 0.5 of client now fixed ....
@same link
sorry

Last edited:
Man this is confusing,i don't get your grip calculations according to what I have read the grip carries across from session to session

so looking at your spreadsheet I have used .5 instead of .6 just for easier calculations

start grip for practice is 80% finish grip is 100% that's fine
Qualifying start grip should be 90% which is half the difference between the 80 and 100 which is also fine and finish grip is 100, so far so good but
race start grip should therefore be half way between the 90% start grip of qualifying and 100% finish which works out to be 95% start grip for the race, not the 85% that your sheet calculates.

The start grip of the race should not be less than the start grip of qualifying that does not make any sense.

Regards

Attachments

• assetto.JPG
    assetto.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 288
tested 1 private server seems that calculator v5 is the right tool!!!
transfer applyng to previous session
result
1 server @magione evoragtc
server configuration
start grip93%
1 client
1 lap gain
transfer rate 100%
Practice 7
qualify 10
race 10

on track