Server Down?

You guys getting the same error? :unsure:

error.JPG

yah the online only method this game uses is probably the biggest issue I have with this game. BUT with that being said, its probably not going to change. Hopefully this wont be the downfall of what could be a great game.

If only they could put the game into a playable offline state for times like this.

I have stated this previously, but many here shout me down and sat "live with it, it's the future". Which I disagree with strongly. If the game has a championship mode with AI, then it should not require online always to play it. After all we have purchased it. I too have paid a lot for the content.

I have stated this previously, but many here shout me down and sat "live with it, it's the future". Which I disagree with strongly. If the game has a championship mode with AI, then it should not require online always to play it. After all we have purchased it. I too have paid a lot for the content.
You're right, I agree with you, but as I've said before, R3E is 'always online' and has been from the outset with no promise or indication that this will change in the future. We've all ploughed a lot of money into this product knowing this is the case. We can call for change but shouldn't expect it because like it or not, we have supported this model with our purchases.

S3 should take example from 777 Studios, creators of the Rise of Flight. They also started their sim, which has exactly the same business model with micro transactions as R3E in a "online only" manner even for single player, but later on decided to change it, so there is no more need for online connection to run the game itself, apart from multiplayer of course. And their menu wasn't even lagging due to connection, it was just for DRM purposes. In R3E it's much worse, please S3 understand us players - it's just massive pain in the ass for us having to wait for each one button click because menu is extremely laggy due to permanent online connection it requires.

S3 should take example from 777 Studios, creators of the Rise of Flight. They also started their sim, which has exactly the same business model with micro transactions as R3E in a "online only" manner even for single player, but later on decided to change it, so there is no more need for online connection to run the game itself, apart from multiplayer of course. And their menu wasn't even lagging due to connection, it was just for DRM purposes. In R3E it's much worse, please S3 understand us players - it's just massive pain in the ass for us having to wait for each one button click because menu is extremely laggy due to permanent online connection it requires.

im not certain , but if i search Rise of Flight using google and adding 1 extra word Cr..k i get loads of hits ; when i do the same for r3e ....its not the same

So maybe this is one of the reasons they are slow to go down this road ....

Discuss

Andi

im not certain , but if i search Rise of Flight using google and adding 1 extra word Cr..k i get loads of hits ; when i do the same for r3e ....its not the same

So maybe this is one of the reasons they are slow to go down this road ....

Discuss

Andi
I know nothing of the evils of cracking games, but isn`t it just the .exe file that`s hacked? And wouldn`t that only give the downloaders what they can get for free anyway?
Would all the individual cars/tracks/packs have to be hacked separately?
I ran a search for GCSE and discovered the game is available illegally, but very few people have downloaded it.
I suggest that generally the sim racing market is populated with far more people who will pay for a product than downloading it, given the general demographic of sim racers compared to the general gaming population.
Unfortunately I believe the always online drm is here to stay, and that it`s unfair to berate developers/publishers for wishing to protect their property; blame the pirates and those that expect something for nothing.

Honestly if you arent deep into sim racing youve probabaly never even heard of raceroom. Pirates are looking for games like driveclub, the crew and project cars to hack. I dont think theres enough demand for this game to pirate it.

If only it was true. If ever there was a niche product it was NetKar Pro. It was cracked within days of release and Kunos said ithad a very noticeable effect on sales. GSCE is again more a niche product than R3E but its been cracked.

RaceRoom cant be cracked that why ;)

And the reason GCSE isnt downloaded much is most likely because most people ripped the content out of it and are driving it in Rfactor.

So as mentioned earlier, we might be looking at making things more efficient and better working, but the current system allows us to protect our content which is a really good reason tbh.

RaceRoom cant be cracked that why ;)

And the reason GCSE isnt downloaded much is most likely because most people ripped the content out of it and are driving it in Rfactor.

So as mentioned earlier, we might be looking at making things more efficient and better working, but the current system allows us to protect our content which is a really good reason tbh.

For me the biggest flaw is not even the need to be permanently online to play the game - it only gets in the way while there is some maintenance on server, so not very often (although friday evening is probably not the best idea for this). What is annoying as hell is the time it takes to load each and every part of the menu and time to wait on each button click. The game could still check for online connection & account authorisation on each run for content protection, but I believe there is no need for all amount of data that is curently transfered online each time and causes massive menu lagging and excessive waiting times.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing