SERVER BUG REPORT

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Please report any bugs you came across in our online RACE servers. Please state the name of the server. The more feedback we get the more action we can take before the tournament starts.

Thank you

• Henrik Stoldt

Server #1 and #2: sometimes there occured some "MEGA-LAGS" (i think that's how to describe 'em the best). it was really strange :D. when one lag appeared, all the other cars turned invisible at the same time and produced automatically those well known "invisible objects" on the spot where the cars disappeared. when the lag was gone, the other cars appeared on the spot, which they had reached during those mega-laggy 3-10 seconds, just as if nothing had happened. the invisible objects were gone as well. i have never seen a "MEGA-LAG" on another server.... that's why this seems to be VERY strange.

i hope you are able to understand what i just tried to explain! :-s ....as you might have noticed my english is not good ](*,)

• Žiga Lipovec

saw the same as Heny but not just on #1 and #2 but on all RPM servers :shock:

never saw something like that...

i have fingers crossed for you to solve the problem...
im realy not a comuter kinda guy :oops:
would like to help you otherwise

I had lags too, even on the ELITE server. I was racing with Racemaus, so only 2 cars on the track with both a good connection.

Sometimes his car disappeard, then i almost hit him.

I also noticed on Monza the standings where not right, i was 6th then the next corner i was 3th etc. I overtook MUCHOS but on the standings he was in front of me, i think this is caused by lag too, i had many lag in that race.

A pagefile is used for caching when memory is low. This pagefile is mostly controlled by windows. It is better to set a value that doesnt change. If you set this pagefile on another disk the race disk doesn't need to spin arround to cache the files.

I use 4 disks in my system and set the pagefile on another disk too, i set it at 2 GB.

Go to My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory, Change.

Set a minimum value at 2GB and max value also 2GB, then the pagefile is 2GB and windows doesn't need to find out which size it needs.

Then set the file on another disk, you can do that there aswell.

Maybe if someone has a disk he doesn't use, can put in the server. I don't know if there is still IDE in this or only SATA.

It doesn't have to be a big disk, you only need about 2 GB if you use Windows XP.

But adding memory is also a thing i should do, and kill all services you don't need.

Which OS is on the server?

I want to help with the configuration of the server, so i need as much as info as possible.

I need to know technical specs and what version of W2K3 server is installed.

I also need connection details.

Please pm me, in the company i work we have a lot of knowledge about configuring servers.

• Henrik Stoldt

wakuwaku said:
I also noticed on Monza the standings where not right, i was 6th then the next corner i was 3th etc. I overtook MUCHOS but on the standings he was in front of me, i think this is caused by lag too, i had many lag in that race.

that was because someone crossed the finish line during a lag. so the server didn't notice, that the driver had done another lap. but one lap later everything was fine again :) .

a little lag

had a splendid race this afternoon on the open rpm server running valencia, brilliant fight with mrmystic at the end of the grid while in fron and behind everybody dropped out for supper ...
there was only a little lag but (and this was bad) mrmystic disappeared once at the end of the straight, just as i tried to pass on the inside. i was so surprised, i ended up in gravel while he appeared out of the blue sky back on track ... got him two laps later though!
maybe there was a problem because we were both driving chevrolet / a.menu and occupied about the same time / space frame as i inched closer? that would be bad for race weekends.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%