Sergio Perez Signs New Contract

Paul Glover

I talk lots
perez.jpg

Racing point have confirmed what many already suspected, they have given Sergio Perez a new contract.

Sergio has been racing with the Silverstone based team since 2014, whilst the team has undergone many changes such as a recent name change. The one consistent has been the Mexican driver, who without his actions last season may have been the last season for the team in Formula 1.

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal of SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team commented “We know Sergio very well and it’s great to confirm him on a long-term deal. Over the last six years we have seen him become a very complete driver with excellent qualifying speed and exceptional race craft. Sergio believes in the long-term vision of this project and getting his commitment until the end of 2022 gives us valuable consistency going forward. As the team continues to grow and develop it’s important to have a driver with Sergio’s level of experience, especially with new regulations on the horizon. The whole team is thrilled to continue working with Sergio and I believe we can enjoy great success together in the coming years.”

What are your thoughts on this news, is this the right decision? Let us know below!

• Deleted member 561801

It's cool for him, knowing that it's a good driver!

Am I the only one wondering why this is the top featured story on the sidebar, when not only is it old news (broke 2 days ago, yet just posted here less than 2 hours ago), but also highly irrelevant in the grand scheme of current motorsport news right now (big profile debut race wins, unfortunate tragedies etc...)

Just seems a really odd choice.

Am I the only one wondering why this is the top featured story on the sidebar, when not only is it old news (broke 2 days ago, yet just posted here less than 2 hours ago), but also highly irrelevant in the grand scheme of current motorsport news right now (big profile debut race wins, unfortunate tragedies etc...)

The person that usually posts news is out to a Expo, try to check other news and you'll see there

I think they did not want to publish stories until the staff is back. Then they published this small piece about a less relevant event just to keep the ratio up a bit.

To be honest it was a refreshing relief to see threads created in the relevant forum by normal forum users not being railroaded by another one by staff hours later, reporting the same news, lifted from the same source, that gets set as sticky on the front page.

To be frank,
We all clearly see that most of the staff and members all went to this sim racing expo
posted here on Tuesday,
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-socially-responsible-sim-racing-expo-meetup-2019™.172571/

So in my mind I can highly imagine there understaffed, so making a highly contrevercial post regarding people dying is the last thing on there minds when there is no one here to moderate it,

but by all means apply to be a member of staff and post your own articles the next time they are away to keep us all uninformed of the latest news which everyone knows about anyways but are respectful.

wow! 3 years? Like Racing point is so happy with him I guess? and Sergio not dreaming of any other team... That maybe a good thing if you know top three team is not even looking at you.

Anyways... I read and I comment on things I find interesting. I go to other sites for things I don't find here in RD. It's worth mentioning I guess, the lack of updated or bigger stories here if you don't know how to use the internet.

Interesting, so the person filling in presumably is 2 days behind on current events, or..?
RD was also pretty late with the Ocon to Renault story, a German outlet revealed that over a week earlier. However, I don't except RD to be a motorsport news plattform, there are better sites for that type of information anyway. What I would like to see, though, are well-written opinion-posts, could be quite fun to discuss them with the community. E.g. the German edition of motorsport.com always chooses the person who slept the worst/loser of the weekend after an F1/MotoGP/DTM race.

EDIT: I don't want to say that German motorsport-journalism is especially good, it's actually pretty beschissen :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%