Sergio Perez joins Sahara Force India with multi-year deal

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
RaceDepartment submitted a new blog post:

Sergio Perez joins Sahara Force India with multi-year deal

Sahara Force India announced the signing of Sergio Perez as race driver for the team in 2014 and beyond.

The 23-year-old Mexican completes Sahara Force India’s 2014 line-up alongside Nico Hulkenberg and helps create one of the most exciting pairings on the grid.

Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director: [blockquote style="1"]“It’s a pleasure to welcome Sergio to the team. He brings a healthy mix of youth and experience, and I’ve been very impressed with his recent...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I think it is telling just how competitive it is for seats this year that Force India have a line up as strong as this. You could easily argue this is the third best driver pairing behind Mercedes and Ferrari. Two very consistent drivers who are capable of podiums if they have a decent car. No wonder di Resta was out of luck this time.

the problem of the F1 is that driver with sponsoring money are getting a cockpit for a car and faster drivers without enough sponsoring money had to leave the f1!
:)

Can't really say that Di Resta or any other of the benched ex-F1 drivers have more raw speed than Sergio Perez. Certainly not a money-only-argument he is at Force India.

Shame though that Sutil is without a drive now.

I'd say Perez was perhaps the best option for Force India, from the drivers that were available.

Even if I completely hated his attitude in the Monaco GP, he's fast, and he deserves the seat. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen him talk badly about Sauber or McLaren, so that will be a change for Force India :D

so what is next for Paul, there were rumours that he can take a break for 214 and come back strong or if he denies those rumours he can look for another team, my money if that is the case is on Paul joins Sauber, because

A, seats are running out fast

B, Sauber is/was a competitive team

and

C, Paul will do badly with either Marussia or Caterham

However Marussia is using Customer Ferrari engines next season so Marussia might be his second best choice

Tough for DiResta, he had a strong first half of the season and I tihnk him being out of F1 next season would have been unthinkable at that point but the tyre changes really effected the team and as a result him badly. Good lineup for Force India next year though... could be an interesting season watching those two battle each other :)

Tough for DiResta, he had a strong first half of the season and I tihnk him being out of F1 next season would have been unthinkable at that point but the tyre changes really effected the team and as a result him badly. Good lineup for Force India next year though... could be an interesting season watching those two battle each other :)

And also watch them battling with the top four teams at least.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back