Sergio Perez Interview about Pastor Maldonado

This is what Sergio said after the incident with Pastor Maldonado:

"He doesn't respect other drivers. I was already in front and he should have given space not to crash but he tried to push me all the way. I don't understand why he drives like that and I hope the stewards do something. It is not first time he has damaged my weekend. This guy will never learn if they don't do something. He could hurt someone. Everybody has concerns about him. He is a driver with no respect at all, the way he is driving the stewards have to do something. He affects many other drivers. I am not the only one."

So what do you think about:

1) Pastor Maldonado's actions on track.
2) Sergio Perez's interview.
3) What should be done by the FIA?
4) Is it right for Sergio to speak in such a way?

PS: Please do not move this thread to the Pastor Maldonado Thread. There is a lot more to this thread than just talking about Pastor Maldonado.

1) This guy is one of the fastest drivers in the midfield. He drove fantastically to win in Spain holding off Alonso. But he's only scored points twice, ending the rest of his races outside of the points due to collisions (except Malaysia). If he keeps this up, he might get beaten by Bruno Senna, who has his share of incidents but at least he consistently scores points.

Anyway, Maldonado's style is to push drivers to force them to give him room so they don't crash. Considering how most F1 drivers won't yield, when Maldonado goes in expecting people to yield, there will be a collision.

2) He's 100% justified in being angry when he gets crashed out of a race. I've watched the incident again and actually Maldonado was ahead, until they got to the apex which was when Perez barely got ahead. Then Maldonado got some oversteer, and to correct it meant he had to run wide and hit Perez. This incident was the result of Maldonado trying to fight Perez on the dirty side of the track.

3) Should something be done for Maldonado being involved in incidents consistently? I don't know. The FIA seems pretty content as long as he doesn't score any points.

4) Yes. He wants to bring this to the attention of the stewards not just for this incident, but for the rest of his driving.

The only thing that annoys me about the Maldonado situation is that while his driving may be self-defeating in the short term, he may actually benefit from his own stupidity later, when no other driver dares to put up a fight against him any more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back