Alright when was that again.....?

Hey, you know what REALLY shock me (from this article) ?!?

The fact that

THAT fathers son, disputed by many (if not all) Lance Stroll
is ON FOURTH place in championship !!!
omg, what a revelation :laugh:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/standings/

:roflmao:
he's above Albon in Red Bull, Leclerc in Ferrari, Vettel also in Ferrari,
all the Renaults, McLarens, Alpha Tauris and all them rest there...
wow
way to go Lance boy, way to go :thumbsup:

It's going to be weird as a fan seeing him on the grid "full" time rather than once or twice as a test. I'm sure it will take a bit to get used to seeing him and not think "why's he here? Is nascar off this week?". Can't wait to see him out west at Portland

Hey, you know what REALLY shock me (from this article) ?!?

The fact that

THAT fathers son, disputed by many (if not all) Lance Stroll
is ON FOURTH place in championship !!!
omg, what a revelation :laugh:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/standings/

:roflmao:
he's above Albon in Red Bull, Leclerc in Ferrari, Vettel also in Ferrari,
all the Renaults, McLarens, Alpha Tauris and all them rest there...
wow
way to go Lance boy, way to go :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing this out. A lot of people will say that Perez is leaving because he has to make room for Vettel and Lance is the boss' son, but when you look at the season so far, you notice that Stroll has a better season than him.

Perez is a good, reliable driver, but there's nothing special about him. I read his statement and I get the feeling that he has decided to leave F1. I think he should try Indycar. He would be closer to home and I'm sure he could find a good drive with his sponsorship money.

Last edited:
Checo is a solid driver, but he sorta falls in the middle ground for me. In other words, he doesn't really do a lot to grab my attention either way on an average race weekend. I don't think my overall F1 experience would change much if he was gone. That sounds mean, but just speaking the truth.

Now, if they replace him with, say, Maldonado...now THAT would change the experience! :laugh:
I agree. Unfortunately, being a nice guy doesn't count for much for getting an F1 seat. Vettel should be an upgrade.

I never followed Nascar just watched a few road races and he was great in them, then seeing him virtual race during the pandemic and the focus he had was cool to see. I’m a fan and hope he stays safe along with the other drivers. These things are rockets.

Whoa!
Where the heck did that come from?
Perez is the guy who saved this team and he is driving fairly well this season.
Why would you replace him at this stage?
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Last edited:
+ Years of experience working with Red Bull and Ferrari. I think being F1 driver is not just about driving but also car/tech development and team building.
How's that years of experience been working out helping Ferrari out of the dumpster?
(PS) If I were Ferrari, and wanted to put a historic livery on their car to celebrate 1000 F1 races, I'd postpone the 'celebration' til they had a car that might challenge for the first two rows....

How's that years of experience been working out helping Ferrari out of the dumpster?
(PS) If I were Ferrari, and wanted to put a historic livery on their car to celebrate 1000 F1 races, I'd postpone the 'celebration' til they had a car that might challenge for the first two rows....

Ferrari were getting 2nd and 3rd in the championship consistently since 2015 with Vettel in the car up until the 2020 season. Certainly not the "dumpster".

The SF1000 was kind of screwed over by an FIA investigation resulting in a significant loss of horsepower (Ferrari maintains the secrecy surrounding the deal is due to copyright laws but I still have my suspicions), COVID-19 hitting Italy particularly hard and the FIA locking car development for two years. This recent spell of awful performance has kind of been born from circumstance rather than just Vettel being a bad driver in my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree. Unfortunately, being a nice guy doesn't count for much for getting an F1 seat. Vettel should be an upgrade.
Vettel, when the car is dialled in, can be brilliantly fast over a single lap, which I think will be the big difference between him and Perez. On top of it, he's spent most of his career in top teams observing how they do things and he can provide insight for the team into what that's like, as well as his strategic chops. He is an upgrade over Perez, but obviously I don't think Stroll is a better driver.

I expect Perez to Sauber or Haas. Both those teams could use him and his wealth of experience, especially in the coming 2022 season. I feel like no team wants to be stuck with an inexperienced development driver while having completely new cars.

There is quite clearly a bigger plan at play here. It is obvious that Perez will be transferring to Williams next year, who were planning to buy the blueprints to and copy the 2020 Ferrari. When the 2020 Ferrari ended up being a flaming pile of dog pooh they shifted plans and have now bought the blueprints to the 2020 McLaren but will fit the Mercedes engine to it. This in contrast to the 2021 McLaren which will also have a Mercedes engine. Prove me wrong :)

It's a teamwork, lots of factors determines F1 team success (or not) management, finance, principal company policy etc..etc.. even to have experience on what's not working, could worth a lot.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%