Sergio Marques RIP

It saddens me to have to say Sergio has passed away,
He was a great member to the GSC community, making some epic Iron league events, and joined us in the club racing events many times at RD
im sorry i've not posted sooner but i did not know.

I have raced his tracks Pirate Island and IROn man a few times with him at RD and loved the great skins he made.
Think it time to sort out a "week of the Pirate" using his tracks and favourite cars as a fitting tribute to a great guy.

Sérgio rest in peace mate you will be greatly missed but not forgotten.

Such a shame to read this. I just had a few chats or posts with Sergio over the past few years, but 'knew' him as one of the regulars here. It makes me realise that on these forums, people you have never actually met can become friends, through sharing a common interest.
Best wishes to Sergio's family, hopefully he is watching or even racing with Ayrton Senna and James Hunt now.

Last edited:
OMG I'm in shock,

I first met and raced with Sergio back in the NKPro series here at RD, Sergio was always the first guy to offer assistance to new drivers, me included. He was a tireless force in promoting sim-racing and extremely passionate about his favourite sport.

I had many a laugh with Serg (the Pirate) and will miss him dearly, my thoughts are with his family.

The community will not be the same without you Sergio, RIP my friend.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%