Sepang International Raceway Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Sepang Released 1.jpg

Scene of this weekend's Formula One Grand Prix, the Sepang International Raceway circuit in Malaysia has been released for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

A mainstay on the Formula One calendar since its debut in 1999, Sepang has steadily proven to be one of the more successful of the Herman Tilke designed Grand Prix venues, often producing some thrilling races helped in no small part by the often inconsistent weather conditions provided by the region.

With this weekend marking the final running of Formula One machinery at the circuit, Sector3 Studios and RaceRoom Racing Experience have created a masterful digital rendition of the track for players to purchase, designed and built using the original Tilke architectural drawings, thanks to a close relationship between the prolific track builder and the Swedish development studio this could be one of the most detailed circuits released for the simulation to date.

Retailing for £4.37 and coming in three unique configurations, GP (5.543km), North (2.706km) and South loop (2.609km), the new track is available to purchase for the game with immediate effect.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC only and downloadable through the Steam network.

RaceRoom Sepang Released 2.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Released 3.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Released 4.jpg

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Tried the circuit yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

late teaser, fast release, thats how i like it :rolleyes:

Lol yeah must be a new record! If only I would have known beforehand, I could've saved some of the images we used in earlier articles for this one :( ;)

Oh well, everyone likes a new toy to play with. Looking forward to getting under this tracks skin, I somehow quite like Sepang, far more difficult to get consistently fast laps than it looks like it should be from the telly. One of the better pieces of work from Mr. Tilke. ;)

Lol yeah must be a new record! If only I would have known beforehand, I could've saved some of the images we used in earlier articles for this one :( ;)

Oh well, everyone likes a new toy to play with. Looking forward to getting under this tracks skin, I somehow quite like Sepang, far more difficult to get consistently fast laps than it looks like it should be from the telly. One of the better pieces of work from Mr. Tilke. ;)
Was thinking the same when I saw the thread , like damn im sure was only a few days ago when it was announced lol :roflmao: so fast .

The usual superlative-quality work. Oh, how I wish they would sell their tracks for other sims. Not plausible for a number of business reasons I know, but just fantasizing about having the best track art shared more widely.

My ultimate dream is a central track supplier where you could buy and license the track you want for how ever many sims you want it in and it secured everything appropriately. Let the sims themselves handle the cars and physics and graphics and all else. I hate having missing tracks in some sims or three versions of the same track when one is clearly the superior one that I would like to see in all my go-to sims.

• Deleted member 205301

My ultimate dream is a central track supplier where you could buy and license the track you want for how ever many sims you want it in and it secured everything appropriately.

You're talking about 3/4 time less benefits for track'owners...so that's only a dream...and what about the sim'engine itself ? absolutely impossible to get your dream comes true (even if that would be great)

Not yet getting the track, but for sure I will... hopping the fast release doesn't mean some (minor) wrong things like it was the case with Imola...
@++

That feeling when a new R3E content comes out, you're 20 vRP short and you've already blown your monthly gaming budget several times over...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

(Also, I see that T1 and T2 and I get PTSD-like flashbacks to Shanghai T1/T2...But I hardly know Sepang, so I don't judge it just based on this.)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

That feeling when a new R3E content comes out, you're 20 vRP short and you've already blown your monthly gaming budget several times over...
Pay only for the fact that it is interesting for you and you will be easier to make decisions. Racing is a big world in which you need to have preferences.

Bought it, drove it, love it! :thumbsup:

Scenery and track itself are beautiful and faithful to real life. Well done, money well spent in my book.

Sector3, your content quality and quantity is 2nd to none - please give us a rating system and match making and you'll pull away from the field!

Looks gorgeous. Not my favorite track, though. Quite the opposite. It's Hermann Tilke through and through. Never my cup of tea.

But, hey, how about Tsukuba now since it's not so far away?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back