AC Senna Special Event: McLaren MP4/4 @ Suzuka - Wed 04Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
ok. I have D/L ed the 98T car for the other Senna races and all is good.
I have downloaded the MP4/4 and first thing is, I notice that on each car folder there are files missing.(the tyre shadow.png files and kn5 files etc)
I cannot see the cars in the list to choose one so cannot drive it.
I am doing something fundamentally wrong but cannot figure it out.
Never get trouble installing cars or sounds etc. bar this one
any ideas????

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble shifting with pedal shifters? I'm stuck in neutral in the pits, and nothing helps :(

Never mind, solved it. Somehow the "use H-shifter was checked" :whistling:

Last edited:
I have installed the mp4/4 but cannot see it in the place where one chooses the car to drive. So, can’t see it, can’t drive it. Anyone any thoughts?

I have installed the mp4/4 but cannot see it in the place where one chooses the car to drive. So, can’t see it, can’t drive it. Anyone any thoughts?
Hi Ken,

The archive structure that VRC uploaded might be the reason why you can't see it :/

If you open up the rar file, you'll notice there is the VRC - McLaren MP4 folder, inside that folder is a folder called "AC Files" open this and then click on the "content" folder and extract it to your Assetto Corsa directory (usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa if you installed Steam in the default directory)

The car won't be under the McLaren badge but under F1 VRC when you are presented with the different manufacturer brands

thx Tariq. I used an app called Ashampoo Zip. I had a hunch and downloaded 7-zip.
7-Zip worked and extracted all the files correctly.
Ashampoo app is ok but I shall not use it on 7z files again!

and now I am going to sign out of this race. Cannot drive this horrible car. Sorry
I'm sorry to hear that Ken :( if you like, you can PM me and see if I can help in any way
Sign me up!
Tariq, why aren't you driving this one?
Excellent! Welcome aboard Bart! :thumbsup:

I'll still be there to host the event but yes, I won't be driving. My brother (thenewmr) will be using my rig to race tomorrow as I had been wanting him to race here for quite a while. He's still not 100% certain he will race so I may still race myself but its highly likely that he will :)
Btw, will this event be streamed?
I haven't spoken to @Joseph Wright about it actually but I can ask him to see if he'd be interested. It would be nice to have at least one of these Senna events streamed :)

IMPORTANT SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT:
Unfortunately, as this event will run on a mod track, the track has some issues, this is the best version of Suzuka we have on RD so please keep this in mind.

Aside from this, please note that I have tested and found out by chance that no refuelling is possible. It has not been banned as in previous modern F1 races through the ACRL_DRS app but rather that if you refuel during the pits, your pitstop will never end. For this reason, you will need to start with full race fuel and should you wish to stop, only stop for tyres if you need to. I believe this was intentional by VRC as they had no refuelling in 1988 and drivers only stopped for tyres as they do today.

Also, repairing engine damage takes a considerable amount of time and as a result, I would recommend against repairing it as we will only have 15% damage and the engine will most likely last the whole race without issue.

A short video showcasing these problems can be seen at the below link:
https://streamable.com/0muaq

This information will be added to the second race post as well.

I have to be up at silly o' clock in the morning to take my daughter to hospital, so I'm afraid I'll have to sign out - still stuff to do in prep, plus it would take ages to sleep after the hype of this awesome combo!
Gutted, but hope you all have a great race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%