Semi Pro Mod

Hi guys
First, i would like to say thanks for this mod.
Now my question is that once installed my AI are doing 1:35 or high 1:34 (vettel) in Australia, is this normal? I am doing a 1:33 with a force india. I picked inter as AI difficutly and just transferred your numbers to my database under "track difficulty". I noticed only 1 column was changed in this section.
When i change the AI difficulty to pro with your mod, AI are now doing 1:29 in Australia.
Are these the figures or is my database no good?
Thanks

Hi guys
First, i would like to say thanks for this mod.
Now my question is that once installed my AI are doing 1:35 or high 1:34 (vettel) in Australia, is this normal? I am doing a 1:33 with a force india. I picked inter as AI difficutly and just transferred your numbers to my database under "track difficulty". I noticed only 1 column was changed in this section.
When i change the AI difficulty to pro with your mod, AI are now doing 1:29 in Australia.
Are these the figures or is my database no good?
Thanks

My mod only changed the inters AI times etc. Play about with your database and see how it goes. I find my mod makes the racing very good and close for me and thats what I originally intended it for.

Have a go.

My mod only changed the inters AI times etc. Play about with your database and see how it goes. I find my mod makes the racing very good and close for me and thats what I originally intended it for.

Have a go.
Hi Andy
Thanks for the mod. I was just checking to see if my numbers matched yours for "inter" times so that i know i didnt do anything wrong. I will modify the numbers abit as i feel they are just a bit off my times.
Thanks

Hi Andy
Thanks for the mod. I was just checking to see if my numbers matched yours for "inter" times so that i know i didnt do anything wrong. I will modify the numbers abit as i feel they are just a bit off my times.
Thanks

Hey no problem. Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Andy Jackson: I tried to adjust only the 1st line 4th column "medium" number (assuming this is Australia) just to see how it will turn out and once i launched F12012, it asked me to do the YDT again. Is this normal? I did not adjust anything in the ID section, and i immediately overwrote the database file in the steam folder. Each time i adjust the track, do i have to do all over again the YDT?
Thanks

Andy Jackson: I tried to adjust only the 1st line 4th column "medium" number (assuming this is Australia) just to see how it will turn out and once i launched F12012, it asked me to do the YDT again. Is this normal? I did not adjust anything in the ID section, and i immediately overwrote the database file in the steam folder. Each time i adjust the track, do i have to do all over again the YDT?
Thanks

If you read the first post you will find your answer my friend. ;) If you copied my mod into your game this happens just like all database changing mods. If you edit your own, all should be fine.

Andy: I read the first post but i thought that if i only changed 1 value (1st row under inter figure ) and over write your original mod database file, i should have no problem. Does this mean that each time i adjust even 1 track value under "inter" i have to start all over with the YDT?
Maybe i didnt explain myself correctly: i over write your database with mine. It then asks to do the YDT all over again (no problem) but then when i go to modify 1 track number under "track difficulties" for australia and then re-save the file (your database) file, should it still ask me to do the YDT again?
That could take a long time just to get the 1st track forget about getting all 20 tracks. Is this correct?
Thanks

Just a suggestion but perhaps use the debug mod to skip the YDT when you make your database changes then swap out the debug files when you are done testing the tracks? :unsure:

It does not happen with me. I carried on with my career after editing mine.:cool:
I am wondering if i should be overwritting the database file directly or saving the changes to my destop and then copying it to the f1 2012 folder? I just hate re-doing the YDT each time i have to change 1 digit in the track difficulty tab!
Do you have a special trick? ;)

I am wondering if i should be overwritting the database file directly or saving the changes to my destop and then copying it to the f1 2012 folder? I just hate re-doing the YDT each time i have to change 1 digit in the track difficulty tab!
Do you have a special trick? ;)

I have never had to do the YDT again. If you edit just the track difficulties entry on your own database, you will not affect your career. If you over write your database with someone elses like mine, you will have to start career again.

I have never had to do the YDT again. If you edit just the track difficulties entry on your own database, you will not affect your career. If you over write your database with someone elses like mine, you will have to start career again.
I got that. But when i originally over write your file and use your database, but then go in there and just modify some lines under track difficulties, how do i proceed to save the changes without over writting the database file? Should i just save it in the folder f12012 directly or to my desktop then to the folder? I might be missing a step which is causing this to happen :mad:

I got that. But when i originally over write your file and use your database, but then go in there and just modify some lines under track difficulties, how do i proceed to save the changes without over writting the database file? Should i just save it in the folder f12012 directly or to my desktop then to the folder? I might be missing a step which is causing this to happen :mad:

I just save the new database.bin and replace the other one. Like I said, I never had to start a career again, ever. I dont think it matters where you save it too but I always work on a copied version and then paste that in. You must be doing something wrong matey.

Tried this, for my carreer... and still i'm getting Pole in qualy, most of the time with 1,5 to 2,0 seconds between me and the 2nd driver on the grid. In a Williams or Torro Rosso ... Not that realistic.

In Pro mode i can't get further then the first qualy, only with a lot of luck when it's on a track that fits me very well, i qualify with luck at best 16th or 17th... in a Sauber, which should be able to be better most of the teams that start in front of me.

Also racepace is way to high, can't really race, i'm only defending my starting position, and even that give me a hard time.

With this Semi Pro mod i hoped it would be a great mix between the two difficulties, but i'm way to fast for Semi Pro, but to slow for Pro. What else could i do to make it more realistic and exiting for me to race ?

Open the database file with ryders tool and edit the track difficulty table until you get a value that makes it competitive for you. If you edit the medium column, that will change the values this mid affects.

ive overode my database with many other databases, i've never had to redo YDT ever.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back