Sell me Automobilista

The title says it all ;) please fans of this Sim, sell it to me.

To better judge my personality in terms of virtual driving, i'll tell you which comparable (in terms of content) sims i own, how i "use" them, and why i think they are all worth it, even when you own them next to each other.

1. Assetto Corsa: I use it solely as driving sim. What i like most is the believable and realistic interpretation of many iconic street cars, with their real manufacturer data. Alongside the great Force Feedback (after some .ini fiddeling), Mods, especially when it comes to the track/road/hillclimb variety. I rarely use it for racing, because the AI is **** and useless to race against, and i barely have the time (and leisure) to practise hours over hours for a single race, to compete in online racing (full of aliens, this sim). Nonetheless this is my N°1 in time spent so far - just doing track days on the Nordschleife or Road America.

2. Project Cars: I use it mostly as racing sim. One good reason: The AI. I don't deny that it sometimes has some weird moments (especially Karts), but overall it feels very alive, tries to overtake (also each other), and feels very "human" in the kind of not perfect, makes mistakes as well. Makes racing against them the most fun from all sims, in my opinion. In addition it has the best graphics, and awesome weather effects, especially rain races are a highlight. Second most played sim by myself to date.

3. Raceroom Racing experience: Used it both as hotlap and racing sim. I love the Force Feedback, the best i have ever felt with my wheel (T300). Alongside the great sound, and all those licensed classes, the immersion is great. The AI is not too bad as well, at least it tries to overtake if you are dawdling around (hello AC). However i noticed after some time that it never defends the inside corner, that makes overtaking a tad to easy, as soon as you catch up, and it also is a little bit lifeless (compared to Project Cars). I am pretty sure if i would dare to start racing online, this would be my favourite sim.
As it is R3E for me is a little caught betwixt and between, it doesn't have the variety of AC for hotlapping/driving, and not as good AI/surroundings as PC for offline racing. I still unpack it here and then, to witness the great ffb.

I also own and enjoy to race in F1 2016 and Dirt Rally, but i am not explaining in detail, since those are not really direct competition.

So after this explanation, what i want from you is to tell me, why - after already owning quite some awesome sims - i should buy Automobilista as well, and which added value i'd get over all those other sims :)
Thanks in advance

Not a threat all. :)

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but it appeared to me as if you were defending REM1976's right to free speech, which in principle I completely agree with you, however he broke the rules far too many times with abusive, aggressive, trolling and often downright disgusting behaviour. And in that respect he is not welcome in this community.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back