Sell me Automobilista

The title says it all ;) please fans of this Sim, sell it to me.

To better judge my personality in terms of virtual driving, i'll tell you which comparable (in terms of content) sims i own, how i "use" them, and why i think they are all worth it, even when you own them next to each other.

1. Assetto Corsa: I use it solely as driving sim. What i like most is the believable and realistic interpretation of many iconic street cars, with their real manufacturer data. Alongside the great Force Feedback (after some .ini fiddeling), Mods, especially when it comes to the track/road/hillclimb variety. I rarely use it for racing, because the AI is **** and useless to race against, and i barely have the time (and leisure) to practise hours over hours for a single race, to compete in online racing (full of aliens, this sim). Nonetheless this is my N°1 in time spent so far - just doing track days on the Nordschleife or Road America.

2. Project Cars: I use it mostly as racing sim. One good reason: The AI. I don't deny that it sometimes has some weird moments (especially Karts), but overall it feels very alive, tries to overtake (also each other), and feels very "human" in the kind of not perfect, makes mistakes as well. Makes racing against them the most fun from all sims, in my opinion. In addition it has the best graphics, and awesome weather effects, especially rain races are a highlight. Second most played sim by myself to date.

3. Raceroom Racing experience: Used it both as hotlap and racing sim. I love the Force Feedback, the best i have ever felt with my wheel (T300). Alongside the great sound, and all those licensed classes, the immersion is great. The AI is not too bad as well, at least it tries to overtake if you are dawdling around (hello AC). However i noticed after some time that it never defends the inside corner, that makes overtaking a tad to easy, as soon as you catch up, and it also is a little bit lifeless (compared to Project Cars). I am pretty sure if i would dare to start racing online, this would be my favourite sim.
As it is R3E for me is a little caught betwixt and between, it doesn't have the variety of AC for hotlapping/driving, and not as good AI/surroundings as PC for offline racing. I still unpack it here and then, to witness the great ffb.

I also own and enjoy to race in F1 2016 and Dirt Rally, but i am not explaining in detail, since those are not really direct competition.

So after this explanation, what i want from you is to tell me, why - after already owning quite some awesome sims - i should buy Automobilista as well, and which added value i'd get over all those other sims :)
Thanks in advance

I was doing a nice Boxer Cup race at the Nurburbring today and was really getting put off by the circuit fan viewing screens. :redface::D So another reason to buy Automobilista I'd say..........:sneaky:
20161009173209_1_zpsapwgslqh.jpg

20161009173247_1_zpsycchofwf.jpg

20161009173147_1_zpscawrduck.jpg

I'll sell it to you:

It's a rebadged Stock Car 2013. The graphics are straight out of 2012. Most of the circuits are from South America, specifically Brazil, so unless you grew up in Sao Paolo, you won't know any of them.

Speaking of graphics, if you like dayglo colours and colours straight out of a cartoon, you'll love Automobilista

If you like good physics, here they are. Collisions are very realistic, like touching a magnetic clothes hanger.

And lastly, their newest car is a wingless formula car, which almost every driver has said handles nothing like the real thing,

Goodnight.

I'll sell it to you:

The graphics are straight out of 2012.

Speaking of graphics, if you like dayglo colours and colours straight out of a cartoon, you'll love Automobilista

Goodnight.

You must be a bit blind to dont see the differences between Game stock car and AMS... but anyway the overall graphics and colours are better than rf2 ;)

The vintage formula car, which almost every driver has said handles nothing like the real thing? are you multiplying your own opinion??? what drivers do you know that have driven a real formula 1 from the 60's ?? I'm just asking to know how credible is your statement, nothing more

Last edited:
I'll sell it to you:

It's a rebadged Stock Car 2013. The graphics are straight out of 2012.

Goodnight.
He asked us to sell it to him. I think you are just trolling really or just a bad salesman. My old Dad used to say that if you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing.:rolleyes::whistling:

I'll sell it to you:

It's a rebadged Stock Car 2013. The graphics are straight out of 2012. Most of the circuits are from South America, specifically Brazil, so unless you grew up in Sao Paolo, you won't know any of them.

If you like good physics, here they are. Collisions are very realistic, like touching a magnetic clothes hanger.

And lastly, their newest car is a wingless formula car, which almost every driver has said handles nothing like the real thing,

Goodnight.
Maybe you should post at the Reiza forum sure they would like your feedback, but unfortunately you were banned by Renato :p

I have the same arguments as REM1976 to buy AMS or not to buy. AMS not to glorify is here seemingly a crime, and some must immediately begin to insult. Now you can also hack on me and put me on the ignore list. I do not care. Everyone should be able to express their opinion without being offended at once.

Good Day

I don't think people have a problem with valid criticism. AMS does not have the graphics of AC or the licensed content either. No-one is pretending otherwise. If that is a big problem for prospective purchasers then give it a miss. There is no need for REM1976 to be so pointlessly negative though.

Graphics wise, there has been a huge improvement on Beta version.
I saw that they said about new AO system. I would never imagine that it was so huge improvement.
The interiors of new cars are impressive. Just a click lower than AC. Making rF2's laughable.
Also Brands Hatch and Oulton Park are so beautiful. Honestly they seems like from another game. Textures and environment are almost an AC's level. Really impressive. And by applying this settings (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sell-me-automobilista.126611/page-4#post-2320081), graphics are crystal clear and super fluid ( only 60% usage in my old 660 with everything maxed out).
Sounds are superb. Best of all sims , raceroom's included.
But what is out if this world are the physics.
Honestly I am right on the edge to let go Assetto Corsa ( 1,368 hours till now) which I love.

AMS has become an excellent game. Is the rF2 that we had to have.

So for AMS BETA :
Graphics 8 ( AC 9, rF2 6, raceroom 7 )
FFB 10 (AC 9, rF2 9.5, raceroom 8)
Sounds 10 ( AC 8, rF2 8, raceroom 9.5)

Also a challenge ( Ultima @ Brands Hatch GP)
upload_2016-10-10_17-11-36.png

The best choice is double choice and taking pleasure in 2 different ones:
- Physics, graphics and .... more hotlap stuff.... play AC ( +FFB) ( poor gameplay and server settings )
- FFB, good graphics with DX9 without asking too much, good gameplay, better AI offline and ..much more racing features .... play Automobilista. ( more balanced sim )

I think both give what misses to the other one ( except rain and/or night )
You can take pleasure in both sims according to your dayly mood.

NB: R3E being not so far from a good choice too ... except their free-to-play system.
What will the new Simbin bring in the future ???? we'll hope the best from them. ;)

The problem with R3E is that its bad value for those who aren't committed to spending the money on content there. Its just too expensive to get an equivalent spread of content choices. Its a big barrier to entry for people who need convincing to buy more than just one sim.

Last edited:
No need for insults matey. By the way, you don't have the same problem as Rem1976, he already owns AMS

I paid for the beta too.

To be honest, it's getting less impressive as time moves on. The content, Caterhams, Brands Hatch.....hardly original nor inspiring.....there's a guy in AC modding his own Caterham to ridiculously high standard. This will be free.

Graphics and sound, same as ever, stuck in the dark ages. Little or no attempt to improve. The Mendig track is an insult, it's like something done in an afternoon. In 2016, it's embarrassing.

Yet consumers here still praise AMS, like Reiza are doing them a favour. I will never understand it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%