Sell me Automobilista

The title says it all ;) please fans of this Sim, sell it to me.

To better judge my personality in terms of virtual driving, i'll tell you which comparable (in terms of content) sims i own, how i "use" them, and why i think they are all worth it, even when you own them next to each other.

1. Assetto Corsa: I use it solely as driving sim. What i like most is the believable and realistic interpretation of many iconic street cars, with their real manufacturer data. Alongside the great Force Feedback (after some .ini fiddeling), Mods, especially when it comes to the track/road/hillclimb variety. I rarely use it for racing, because the AI is **** and useless to race against, and i barely have the time (and leisure) to practise hours over hours for a single race, to compete in online racing (full of aliens, this sim). Nonetheless this is my N°1 in time spent so far - just doing track days on the Nordschleife or Road America.

2. Project Cars: I use it mostly as racing sim. One good reason: The AI. I don't deny that it sometimes has some weird moments (especially Karts), but overall it feels very alive, tries to overtake (also each other), and feels very "human" in the kind of not perfect, makes mistakes as well. Makes racing against them the most fun from all sims, in my opinion. In addition it has the best graphics, and awesome weather effects, especially rain races are a highlight. Second most played sim by myself to date.

3. Raceroom Racing experience: Used it both as hotlap and racing sim. I love the Force Feedback, the best i have ever felt with my wheel (T300). Alongside the great sound, and all those licensed classes, the immersion is great. The AI is not too bad as well, at least it tries to overtake if you are dawdling around (hello AC). However i noticed after some time that it never defends the inside corner, that makes overtaking a tad to easy, as soon as you catch up, and it also is a little bit lifeless (compared to Project Cars). I am pretty sure if i would dare to start racing online, this would be my favourite sim.
As it is R3E for me is a little caught betwixt and between, it doesn't have the variety of AC for hotlapping/driving, and not as good AI/surroundings as PC for offline racing. I still unpack it here and then, to witness the great ffb.

I also own and enjoy to race in F1 2016 and Dirt Rally, but i am not explaining in detail, since those are not really direct competition.

So after this explanation, what i want from you is to tell me, why - after already owning quite some awesome sims - i should buy Automobilista as well, and which added value i'd get over all those other sims :)
Thanks in advance

And he is converting a lot of Simraceway tracks do AMS!
Those are not in AMS Shaders Standarts, but they allegedly are laser-scanned and has very good AI.
I've try a few races against AI in Sonoma, and that was massive fun.

Those are not in AMS Shaders Standarts, but they allegedly are laser-scanned and has very good AI.
simraceway track are apparently not laserscanned so I guess those conversions arn`t either .. but thanks for tip

:confused:I take it you are talking about your first online race with RRE? Because you don't mention what AI difficulty levels you are comparing too or what driving aids you are using. To start at the back in any class with the AI set at say 110 (the setting I use the most and most comfortable) with no aids and win I'd say you are very very good because I couldn't do it, you should join us for some online club races here if the AI is too easy for you.

I'll disagree with you about the driving physics though. RRE is just as demanding as any other sim using get real mode with comparable TC or whatever. But that's my opinion of course.

ps, if you want real good AI racing that might be a challenge for you, get Rfactor 2. It has the best AI going and should be enough of a challenge for you.
I have rFactor2 already, and in some respects I think AMS is rF2 with a pretty dress :) As I tried the new DTM addon out in R3E it was off-line, with AI at 100% and Jamie Greens Audi as it comes out of the box, no setup, no quali. Click through to start race, and put your boot in :)
l just took a look online, and see I have only driven R3E just 41 hrs in total. It kinda got left aside as I was using Pcars, and trying (and failing) to understand what AC is all about. Then I discovered rF2: I got the demo from Steam just out of curiosity. The demo is very badly done really, I bet it puts a lot of people off.
ISI really shot themselves in the foot with the demo, they could've made a bit more of an effort.
But, for me, there was something about it that made me want to buy the full version. And since then, or at least until I bought AMS last week, I've been driving it every night till 2 o'clock in the morning.
AMS is like a major upgrade from rF2 in many respects, with a lot of things made better. It's just nicer to use, but it's difficult to say exactly why. I think, in a nutshell, you can say that all the mainstream sims do some things good, and others not so good. AMS is the first sim I've bought that comes close to doing everything good,and it just works. It's immersive, and I'm having fun :)

Last edited:
My only problem with AMS is that the ai just don't seem to be able to draft overtake.... But other than this it really is a stunning sim. I just wish it was more popular as I want to be able to jump in online and race at any time which I can't as it's a ghostown online.

Guys I will admit it. I am an idiot.:rolleyes::redface::whistling:
Last night I watched Niel's videos and re-read @Richie Speed's opinion.
I thought they I might be doing something wrong.
So I re-bought AMS beta. :roflmao:
I let myself get re-trained and I realized that I had such a blast.
Oulton Park is amazing, I believe is the prettiest track in AMS.
It took me 2 hours before I realize that it wasn't the game's fault but mines.
I had excellent control. I had just to be careful and let the tyres warmed enough.
Then I tried to do some clean laps with the Ultima road car @Oulton Park International.
My god what an experience. I crashed so many times but slowly I got it.
The sounds, the feeling, the transmission all in harmony.
I did a 1:41:135. You can see my time in time trial.

Sorry for making some of you wasting your time. I was wrong.

My only problem with AMS is that the ai just don't seem to be able to draft overtake.... But other than this it really is a stunning sim. I just wish it was more popular as I want to be able to jump in online and race at any time which I can't as it's a ghostown online.
I didn`t catch the draf part as I was documenting other moment for somebody but they do draft ... somehow .. not saying it could be better but I have vids where AI drafts me, where they jump out from behind me and cut the corner as I was taking too wide line (with V12 it looks pretty nasty and fast :) ) ..

Its really track-dependent. I saw a Boxer Cup three wide at Spielberg, in that long straight beetween corners 1 and 2.
Giranthon's tracks' AI are also very good, but only saw daring AI in original content. #ReizasMagic

Sorry to go off topic but ive watched Gt Speedsters vids quite a bit,those tracks look great but the links to the downloads never seem to work, are there anymore links ?

Links seem to be fine now thanks.
Back on topic, all sims mentioned here are very good apart from pcars imho.
AMS is the pick of the bunch to me for the reasons given by others on page 1 of this thread in particular.

The title says it all ;) please fans of this Sim, sell it to me.
So after this explanation, what i want from you is to tell me, why - after already owning quite some awesome sims - i should buy Automobilista as well, and which added value i'd get over all those other sims :)
Thanks in advance

I love RRE, I love RF2 and I love AMS, so I'll try and sell it to you.

AMS is developed by a dedicated team of race PC sim racers turned pro. They are good at what they do. They have taken the old ISI game engine from RF1 and literally done magic with it. Dynamic tracks, superb cars selections (different to all the others) and physics that just seem oh so right. The MP online via the clubs here is brilliant. The AI is quite good, just not on a par with RF2. But its the mods that make AMS too. So many to choose from.
Just get it and love it.
I use it mainly for offline play with the occasional race club entry and really prefer the V8 stockcars and the lancer cup aswell as the V10's and the Marcas cars. .
My favourite AMS mods are the Cart extreme mod and the EEC GT3 mod. Really enjoying that one at the moment.
ams%206_zpsjx3iwnkk.jpg

EEC GT3
ams%204_zpsbwdhf1td.jpg

EEC GT3
20161008190241_1_zpsbjid5qpm.jpg

Marcas with custom skins
ams%203_zpsmqvdesgi.jpg

Marcas BTCC cars
ams%205_zpsrnocbviy.jpg

EEC GT3
ams%201_zpskh5e7fil.jpg

V8 Supercars.

Last edited:
Though not having all the graphics 'bells and whistles' as some other modern sims, it still looks quite good.
Of more importance... it feels like a car should.
AMS was always very close... but has now gone straight to the top of the driven list on my PC since purchasing into the BETA program yesterday.
If you don't yet have it, I highly encourage you to do so.
The few added features I've discovered so far over the stock game, are in themselves...worth it.
The cars are the most 'natural' handling in ANY simracing title currently out there.
It actually feels like driving a proper car...(with a suspension)...right from the start of track running.
There is no unrealistic skating about (at extremely low speed) pretending to simulate what some would have you believe cold racing tires do.
There is no 'hooking' and spinning the car on just about every curb you touch with a tire.
Four-wheel drifts and power-slides are recoverable with correct steering inputs...without the usual over-rotation most sims tend to implement.
The tires actually grip and are compliant just as they do on any bit of dry tarmac.
It is money well spent.

Last edited:
I love RRE, I love RF2 and I love AMS, so I'll try and sell it to you.

AMS is developed by a dedicated team of race PC sim racers turned pro. They are good at what they do. They have taken the old ISI game engine from RF1 and literally done magic with it. Dynamic tracks, superb cars selections (different to all the others) and physics that just seem oh so right. The MP online via the clubs here is brilliant. The AI is quite good, just not on a par with RF2. But its the mods that make AMS too. So many to choose from.
Just get it and love it.
I use it mainly for offline play with the occasional race club entry and really prefer the V8 stockcars and the lancer cup aswell as the V10's and the Marcas cars. .
My favourite AMS mods are the Cart extreme mod and the EEC GT3 mod. Really enjoying that one at the moment.
ams%206_zpsjx3iwnkk.jpg

EEC GT3
ams%204_zpsbwdhf1td.jpg

EEC GT3
20161008190241_1_zpsbjid5qpm.jpg

Marcas with custom skins
ams%203_zpsmqvdesgi.jpg

Marcas BTCC cars
ams%205_zpsrnocbviy.jpg

EEC GT3
ams%201_zpskh5e7fil.jpg

V8 Supercars.
where did you get the skins for the v8 and marcas from ?? here ??

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%