Selecting large objects

Is there an easy way to select a large object, skydome, backround etc. Yesterday I tested a track with a large sky sphere and when I wanted to remove the sphere I just couldn't select it anymore. Didn't know where to click to get it selected. And being a single object, it stacks among the default objects, so selecting all or hiding all but selected didn't work. I couldn't figure it out, so I just got back with the temp file, just thinking if I'm missing something obvious here.

I did it this way:
- have a bottom plane that will stay close to the lowest point of track
- the material of the dome must be double-sided to grab it in btb
- go close to the bottom with zoom and you should be able to select it
- always save a separate file for this and do this as final thing

it would be nice if we could type absolute coordinates for objects...

Before adding the object go to the Objects Edit tab and use "hide unselected" and then unselect all. Add the object and just after adding, while it is selected use "split" so you have a separate group for the problematic object.

When you want to select this object just select its group iin the Objects Edit tab and use "select all".

A tip from user liquido: if you have difficulties selecting and moving an object, just add another object (a house for example) near of the place where you put the problematic object. Then select both objects and move them together acting on the house.

I haven't tried this, but I think it is an interesting idea.

I wonder if in future releases it could be possible to move an object, once it is selected, just with the keyboard.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%