Selecting AI in single player mode

I bought rFactor a few weeks ago. I like he game in general. No real complaints, Except that I'm having trouble setting up races with the AI I want to race against.
Can someone please point me in the direction of some instructions on how to work with UI for that. And possibly help me understand how to set up or load some other series.
I do know how to download and install tracks and cars from steam and other sources. And all the basic stuff all racing sim seem to use. But the car selection thing is escaping me for some reason.
Thanks in advance.
Gregoryleo

I bought rFactor a few weeks ago. I like he game in general. No real complaints, Except that I'm having trouble setting up races with the AI I want to race against.
Can someone please point me in the direction of some instructions on how to work with UI for that. And possibly help me understand how to set up or load some other series.
I do know how to download and install tracks and cars from steam and other sources. And all the basic stuff all racing sim seem to use. But the car selection thing is escaping me for some reason.
Thanks in advance.
Gregoryleo
There aren't a lot of options currently to customise the AI field. You can pick cars or classes but rf2 determines how many of each. Other thing you can do it once you are in game, go to the standings menu and there is a button to "boot AI" and also an "add ai" button. Boot the cars you don't want and try to add another. Again rf2 controls what car gets added so it will take some booting and adding until you get what you want. It's very painful to setup an AI multiclass race at the moment. The new UI coming in a couple weeks will make this much easier

There aren't a lot of options currently to customise the AI field. You can pick cars or classes but rf2 determines how many of each. Other thing you can do it once you are in game, go to the standings menu and there is a button to "boot AI" and also an "add ai" button. Boot the cars you don't want and try to add another. Again rf2 controls what car gets added so it will take some booting and adding until you get what you want. It's very painful to setup an AI multiclass race at the moment. The new UI coming in a couple weeks will make this much easier
OK then, I don't feel so stupid now. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the quick reply and helpful info.:) I can get used to it, it's just a little different. It chooses strange combos sometimes. But it's only a game.

That leads me to my next question. Aside from manufacturers, is there any difference between a 9LMS and a 14LMS? That's where I'm struggling. Actually selecting the cars I want on the grid. Do I have to write all this down and make a list to choose from. Is there a system to make this easier that I don't know about? In my mind I should be able to select a class, like GT3 or LMP2.

You select GT3 from the settings screen. (The bottom option when rF2 finallly loads and you get to choose which car and track you want.) Then it will populate all the S397 compliant cars that fall into the GT3 category. THEN, once at the track, you can boot or add car's to your heart's content. I usually boot all the Mclaren Shadow skins and then add back other cars to get to the proper number I want.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%