Selected mod tracks coming to Wreckfest

As official content

https://steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/1615015161609500330

Short summary:

- 2 mod tracks from The Very Track Pack will become official, with enhanced visual
- Will be in the next update
- Will also be in console version
- Sounded like this is the beginning, and there will be more
- First 2 tracks are based on Norwegian IRL folk racing tracks, Konsmo and Aremark Motorbane (The modder dude is Norwegian)

c46707399dab6abd723cf78b0d3d4f690062fea4.jpg

b29b06579cd5a1116506aecbb7bbb3a57006e02a.jpg

Last edited:
Havent pulled the trigger yet. Missed the Steam sale (damn it), but i'll pick it up eventually. Looks fun even though im not into the smash events, but the racing with crashing looks fun.

Looks fun even though im not into the smash events, but the racing with crashing looks fun.
I was the same; wasn't really interested in the pure demolition derby events but loved the thoughts of racing with incredibly well done damage & physics. And it truly does not disappoint. It's very rewarding to set up your line just right, hit the apex and power out of a turn in a slight drift and find yourself gaining on the car in front of you. Then suddenly you see the guy in front of you get violently T-boned in a figure-8 intersection as you try to dodge the debris-filled carnage and take the position.

It really is glorious fun. I bought it years ago, enjoyed it in its infancy for a while then stepped away from it for an unintentional long time. Came back to it recently and was just amazed with what a nice, complete game it had finally become. Currently working my way through career mode and it's a blast, unlocking content and accumulating new vehicles. And I eventually warmed up to the demolition derby events after I realized how much more brutally effective my vehicle could be with a lot of armor upgrades.

For me personally, the lawnmowers on the figure-8 circuits are worth the price of the game alone. The flaming carnage and ragdoll physics of the drivers is just hilarious good fun and makes for awesome replays. Trying to beat a field of school buses while driving a Reliant Robin is also great fun and proper Top Gear nostalgia. The graphics are fantastic and the whole thing looks great on triple screens.

I'm sure it'll be back on sale again in three weeks when the Steam Summer Sale starts.

Bought it. Enjoyed the racing and had to start with the lawnmover smash event, lol. :D Was fun. However i do hope hey update the sounds in this game. It was quite a let down. The immersion got a bit borked thanks to it. Engines are pretty weak and stuff like going from gravel onto tarmac in a corner powersliding up on the tarmac there was no sound difference like gravel spurting to tarmac squeals. With a boost in audio quality it would be a top game. Physics was surprisingly good and FFB totally ok for such a title so that was nice. :)

Yep the engine sounds are, in parts, artificial, monotonous sounding garbage. Some are okay.

It's actually possible to make sound mods for Wreckfest and share them via Steam Workshop, too bad there's no Fonsecker for this game. Haven't seen a single sound mod, but it's possible. Although not sure how much room the sound engine leaves for improvement?

Collision sounds on the other hand, are very convincing. Wish it had engine sounds like ACC or RaceRoom, that's really the missing part immersion-wise. (Also, needs SimVibe)

About the mod tracks BTW, the developer (JanneBB) confirmed that more than 2 mod tracks will be made official, but they need a facelift (they work together with the modder) so it will take time.

He also said that Wreckfest will get the PC update, once the console version releases. They are on "finishing straight" but no exact dates given.

Last edited:
Yep the engine sounds are, in parts, artificial, monotonous sounding garbage. Some are okay.

It's actually possible to make sound mods for Wreckfest and share them via Steam Workshop, too bad there's no Fonsecker for this game. Haven't seen a single sound mod, but it's possible. Although not sure how much room the sound engine leaves for improvement?

Collision sounds on the other hand, are very convincing. Wish it had engine sounds like ACC or RaceRoom, that's really the missing part immersion-wise. (Also, needs SimVibe)

About the mod tracks BTW, the developer (JanneBB) confirmed that more than 2 mod tracks will be made official, but they need a facelift (they work together with the modder) so it will take time.

He also said that Wreckfest will get the PC update, once the console version releases. They are on "finishing straight" but no exact dates given.
Thx for the info. We think alike. :) Prolly being Scandinavian have something to do with that. :D

Hopefully they can beef it up a bit audio wise. They did pretty good otherwise.

We think alike. :) Prolly being Scandinavian have something to do with that. :D
Maybe. Or just not being deaf :p Some of the cars sound OK (not annoying), I tend to gravitate towards driving those.

Also when they aren't exact IRL models, they could have taken some liberties sound wise, use whatever samples they find, that sound good to make it a bit more exciting. Not having to necessarily 100% match any real car, just mixing as mashing samples from different sources together until it doesn't sound boring

Now it's really underwhelming in some cars, especially the ones with nasal, obviously synthetic, high pitched engine tone. Not a game breaker but probably the clearest weakness of Wreckfest

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%