Seeking Help Getting Started with ACC

Unlike some others, I've got ACC running just fine on single screen. (I'll leave running it in VR until I get my questions in this post sorted out first....). My problem is that I absolutely suck driving these cars. :redface:

So can anyone suggest what car/track combo to start with to gain some confidence? Note that I mostly hot lap so I'm not even talking about racing at this point - just keeping the car on track.

Also, a few questions about setups:

1. Is the default set up the "stable" preset?
2. If not, how do you load the stable preset? Just click on it and back right out? Or click on "Load/Save", (but then what)?
3. Is there any place to download others' setups from?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Lexus is a good car to start with in my opinion. I find Monza a good place to practice as it helps largely with braking. You can brake pretty late, but you'll find often it's better to brake a little earlier and concentrate on exit speed with these cars!

I'm not sure about default setup, but I always load the safe or aggressive setups anyway.

You can find some setups in the forum: https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-competizione-setups.65/ or some nice ones here: https://accsetups.racing/

Unlike some others, I've got ACC running just fine on single screen. (I'll leave running it in VR until I get my questions in this post sorted out first....). My problem is that I absolutely suck driving these cars. :redface:

So can anyone suggest what car/track combo to start with to gain some confidence? Note that I mostly hot lap so I'm not even talking about racing at this point - just keeping the car on track.

Also, a few questions about setups:

1. Is the default set up the "stable" preset?
2. If not, how do you load the stable preset? Just click on it and back right out? Or click on "Load/Save", (but then what)?
3. Is there any place to download others' setups from?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Bert,

I just started playing ACC too! Did you change your FOV? I tried playing at first without changing it and I was horrible at it. After calibrating my View Settings, I was much better! Also, I started playing the career mode and it helps with giving me something to work on - instead of aimlessly picking a track and car and just driving around. For example, it starts off having you drive the Lambo on Monza. So, I have been spending time learning Monza really well and watching YouTube videos on how other people drive it.

Maybe we can somehow get on a server and drive around together!

Ben

Hi, Ben. No - I haven't changed my FOV. How do you know what's "right" in terms of the FOV settings?

I've never been one to muck around with "Career" modes. Never really been interested in that feature. ...And Monza has never been one of my favorite tracks.

If you can figure out how/where/when to get on a server (just the two of us) I'm game!

Thanks.

The Lexus, as mentioned, is a good starter, the rear is stable, but it does understeer.
The best one, I feel, would be the Ferrari, its very stable and forgiving, even with the aggressive setup. Also, try 900 degree steering and max out the steering ratio in the setup, that'll calm the steering sensitivity down, makes the cars more drivable. Except the Porsche, that thing is evil.

Regarding FOV, I've used this calculator, but it doesn't list ACC as an option. Does anyone know which option to use for ACC?

Also, Although I've enable "Virtual Mirror" in the menus, I don't see it onscreen. (I've been hotlapping.) Can anyone help me out with that?

Thanks again!

Hi, Ben. No - I haven't changed my FOV. How do you know what's "right" in terms of the FOV settings?

I've never been one to muck around with "Career" modes. Never really been interested in that feature. ...And Monza has never been one of my favorite tracks.

If you can figure out how/where/when to get on a server (just the two of us) I'm game!

Thanks.

Use this site https://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/ to calculate your field of view. Pick Assetto Corsa for the game. It is the same for both (vFOV). After adjusting it, you might not be able to see your side mirrors, but you are going to be able to drive much better!

Apparently, virtual mirrors only appear on actual races, not practice laps. Basically, there are no cars around during practice, hence no need for virtual mirror :)!

I will check out how the servers work later and get back to you!

Ben

Aside from the Porsche they are all pretty easy to drive in my opinion (using the default setup), you need to practise around 5 laps around the given circuit and you will be competent against the AI, of course you have to practise much more to be competent against people in multiplayer.

Use this site https://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/ to calculate your field of view. Pick Assetto Corsa for the game. It is the same for both (vFOV). After adjusting it, you might not be able to see your side mirrors, but you are going to be able to drive much better!

Apparently, virtual mirrors only appear on actual races, not practice laps. Basically, there are no cars around during practice, hence no need for virtual mirror :)!

I will check out how the servers work later and get back to you!

Ben
Thanks Ben.

As you said, I lost the side mirrors. But no matter, since all of the field is usually in front of me. (off in the distance somewhere). :laugh:

Bert

80 is the default, I was talking about that, but I'm already using 90 AI after around 12 hours of playtime.
Ah, OK. I couldn't remember the default.
I do know that even with it at higher values (I've tried a few) the AI don't drive very "normally" - they do weird things like being really quick in some places and then almost stopping on slow corners. Even at 95 (when I find it hard to generally keep up with them) they seem to do dumb things in some places.

Ah, OK. I couldn't remember the default.
I do know that even with it at higher values (I've tried a few) the AI don't drive very "normally" - they do weird things like being really quick in some places and then almost stopping on slow corners. Even at 95 (when I find it hard to generally keep up with them) they seem to do dumb things in some places.

I've yet to see an AI in any game which isn't doing weird things, but I think this game has the best AI so far.

I've yet to see an AI in any game which isn't doing weird things, but I think this game has the best AI so far.
You're probably right. I have never really had good experiences with AI in any game. In fact the only reason I bothered with ACC's AI was to try and raise my safety rating so I could get into a clean server :D (Many of the low-rated servers are just full of idiots and/or crashers.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%