Seeking Help From Anyone into Flight Sims

My 16 year old nephew is taking flying lessons in a Cirrus SR-20. I would like to buy him a flight sim title and controller for Xmas so that he can "practice" between actual lessons.

His PC specs are:

CPU: I5 9600 KF (3.7 Ghz, 6 cores)
Ram: 8 Gigs
Videocard: Nvidea Geforce 1030

All of his current gaming is thru Steam. I'm told that his PC has no CD or DVD Drive so I'm looking for a flight sim that would run on his system, includes the Cirrus SR-20, and is downloadable from Steam.

I'd also like to purchase a controller that would reasonably simulate the controls on an SR-20 as well.

Could anyone offer suggestions that might fit the bill? Perhaps along with links to purchase from?

Thanks!
Bert

I know this is a bit late, but you could look at AeroflyFS, Xplane 11 or try Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 (though that last one might be abit taxing for ther system he has) as it has the cirrus sr22 available for it. I'm not sure you'll be able to grab the exact same style of controllers that will have everything in place to replicate the same experience but a logitech flight yoke with throttle quadrant may help as the throttle quadrant will have levers assignable to the likes of throttle, mixture and flaps etc.

Ah....Great minds apparently think alike, Mauser! ;) I already decided on X-Plane 11 and the Logi Flight Yoke with throttle and Logi pedals. I chose X-Plane 11 for him because the Cirrus sr20 is available as DLC for that title.

Are you saying that the Cirrus sr22 is available as part of MSFS2020? Is it built-in or is it a DLC? (I ask because I already own MSFS2020 myself.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back