F1 2011 See nothing in my mirrors

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I was just wondering why i can not see the cars behind me through my mirrors? The car has to be really close for me to see him but thats just like 1 second and its gone. I have everything on max in my options but its like it doesnt show the cars behind me. Even at the start with all the cars bunched up, i dont see them.
Is this just me or is everyone experiencing the same thing?
Thanks

I was just wondering why i can not see the cars behind me through my mirrors? The car has to be really close for me to see him but thats just like 1 second and its gone. I have everything on max in my options but its like it doesnt show the cars behind me. Even at the start with all the cars bunched up, i dont see them.
Is this just me or is everyone experiencing the same thing?
Thanks

Happens to me with everything on the highest setting @ 1920x1080

Thanks guys for the confirmation. Doesnt CM know that mirrorrs are a key factor in F1? The mirrors used on F1 cars are like high tech in the sense that aparently they could see a far distance and clear. This should of been implemented in my opinion to the game.
Thanks

This will also affect the McLaren paint job - it is very dull with reflections low.

Reflections in the mirrors IRL are poor, due to size and vibrations you can barely see anything, is it really worth a fps hit for the sake of a mirror reflection?

I believe MS7XWDC (Goodness that's tricky to type) said that the settings needed to "Above" low, not low for them to work. Nevertheless, the OP stated that he has everything on High and it still doesn't work, which I can corroborate.

You're right though, F1 mirrors are rubbish, however, in game, when you can see the track in them stretching off behind you and not the car when it should be closer (According to the proximity arrows), surely something is wrong with the code?

Quite honestly though, you're better off looking behind that relying on the mirrors.

You can edit mirrors in one of the hardware files to see a bit further... I need to push the limit on visual range though, it's way too short. I upped the detail setting and think i set the range to 600, but with other tinkering in the mirrors setting my game crashed. It may be possible to push range further I will try and test it tomorrow for pc version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back