ARCA Sim Racing

By the way, I think I did something wrong during the race: after the 2nd or 3rd yellow, it was displayed "follow the pace car" just before the restart, so I passed most of you by the inside, thinking it was the lucky guy thing.
But in the chat window, I remember Christopher saying something like "... luc also", so I guess I did a mistake.

Thanks for the guide Chris. One question is there a "best" wheel rotation for the sim. Or is 900 degrees with 30 lock also gonna work? Or do you recommended something else for the sim. :)

ah locks
It all depends on the track actually
a 900 degrees of steering wheel does let you get confy with it, but in ARCA locks do play an important role.
Lets say a short track or road course needs a whole lot more steering lock than a a track like Texas, Milwaukee or Kansas....and Daytona and Talladega needs a lot less steering lock....because it all depends on how much you need to turn the wheels on the track and the banking
for me using a 400 degrees of steering rotation used for example only 11.5 degrees of steering lock at ARCA mountain....and around 6 or 5 degrees on Talladega.
What I try to get the feel on all track is the feeling that I need to turn the wheel a lot. Using to much steering lock on a big oval does make the car a bit unstable at turning and even using to much tires.....

In a way, steering lock does make a difference in setup the car for steering response

Monday October 19 2009 @ Texas

xeh5hd.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Track: Forth Worth, Texas
Day/Night: Day
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (4 laps)
Warmup: 19:40 GMT
Race: 19:45 GMT (80 Laps)

Notes:
  • Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  • NEW: Skinpack installed on the server. Courtesy of Gareth. Please download the skinpack here & the hot fix here to avoid any problems.
  • Track choice by Maurice Hurkmans for winning Arca mountain event!

1. Bjorn de Haas
  2. Patrick van Driel
  3. Steven Palmer
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Ingemar Petersson
  6. Mike Hill
  7. Maurice Hurkmans
  8. Bert Van Waes
  9. Gerard van Langevelde
  10. Lewis Fergusson
  11. Dan Coldrick
  12. Andrew Evans
  13. Eric Martel
  14. Adam Vaughan
  15. Luc Mangas
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Jamsie Naughton (maybe)
  30. Christopher Aponte (maybe)

I use 400 degrees and go between 6 and 11 degrees of lock(11 on the tighties mostly) but if i have low lock ( 6 ) i will change my wedge (put that at about -2 to -3)

Cause when i first got Arca i was trying to use the same rartion as race 07 (17 and 400) which was awful as i would get loads of undertseer as i was steering way to much

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back