Security stop alternative for OSW

I have a OSW kit by Augury. It came without the security stop. I could buy one and try to install it but I believe that means cutting one of the cables and I don't really want to risk the equipment, since I have no idea about electric installations. As an alternative, I think I could just leave it as it is now and connect the power cord to a small power strip with a on-off button, placed somewhere easy to reach. That woudn't require any installation. Pressing the button would cut the power of everything, so I presume it would work just as an emergency stop, maybe not so fast but better than having no way to stop it. Is that a good idea? Is there any risk of electric damage by powering off everything that way? Thank you.

Edit: I have found this or this which would let me place the switch anywhere on my rig.

Last edited:
If you place a switch in series with the main power cord, the entire controller would shut down, also disconnecting from USB.
However it will NOT damage anything.

The way the emergency stop works, at least in my version, is just cuttin the FFB to the motor, and you can still steer in game.

Upvote 0
That's a valid solution for me, since I never race online and restarting my game is a reasonable solution in case of my steering wheel going crazy.

Upvote 0
There should be jumper in the connector in the cable going to the motor, controller side.

Just connect your EMG stop there.

_20190322_193551.JPG

Upvote 0
Unless you are 101% comfortable with doing something involving wiring mains power then don't do it. It is dangerous and most likely illegal.
Either go the way of the inline switches you linked to or take the box to an electrician and he will wire in a E-stop switch in a couple of minutes.
I would go with the E-stop switch as it only cuts the FFB but the easier way, for you, would be the inline switch.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back