Sector3 Evaluating RaceRoom Engine Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Unreal 4 Upgrade.jpg

In an informative post Sector3 Studios Producer J-F Chardon confirms the developers are "evaluating" the possibility of upgrading R3E to a more recent DirectX engine.

With an eventual move to the impressive Unreal 4 set for some time in the future of RaceRoom Racing Experience, it has come to light that the developers haven't abandoned the possibility of performing an intermediate upgrade to the game engine of the versatile racing simulation, with J-F confirming in a forum post that they "have an investigation going on to upgrade our current RaceRoom engine to a more recent directx version".

Far from abandoning the idea of eventually migrating to Unreal 4, Sector3 are interested in seeing if a short term move to a more recent DirectX version can be achieved without producing too serious a diversion of resources, with a view of helping the simulation get "a bit of fresh feel and performance to keep the engine relevant while waiting for UE4".

Elaborating on the state of play regards a move towards UE4 for RaceRoom, Chardon went on to confirm that "What I can maybe share is that we do already have artists busy bringing our RaceRoom cars and tracks to UE4", although it must be cautioned that the absolute focus of RaceRoom and Sector3 is to continue development of the present incarnation of the title while further technical developments around Unreal 4 and GTR3 are being undertaken by sister outfit SimBin Studios. So don't expect anything from Unreal 4 and RaceRoom in the immediate future, hence the interest in bringing DX upgrades to the title for the short term.

With the news that the team are continuing the hunt for performance and graphical enhancements, whilst still maintaining an impressive array of new content and feature improvements means that RaceRoom is here to stay for the long term...

Interested in learning a little about how cars are developed in RaceRoom? Check out our interview with Sector3 physics expert Alex Hodgkinson below:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Sector3 Studios. You can download the base game with limited content for free, with further cars and tracks available to purchase at an additional cost.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Looking forward to R3E in UE4? Do you think it would be a good idea to upgrade to a high DX level prior to the move? Let us know in the comments section below!

This is just a reminder to remain on-topic and not to engage in trolling or anything else that breaches our ToS. That includes "swearing", with or without asterisks or other substituted symbols. Everyone has an opinion and nobodies is any more valid than anyone elses. Please remember that and remain calm and civil, or this thread will simply be locked.

Thanks guys and gals. :thumbsup:

Completely different game, completely different company. Not sure how it is so hard to understand. I'd be tempted to guess it's because they both have the word "Simbin" in their name, but then again, "Simbin" and "Sector 3" are completely different names and yet still people treat them like one, so....

Hahaha - you sure don't know their history mate, its no wonder you think that way.

M8elvMu.jpg

lvT1r6q.jpg

I51rZtu.jpg

Next Time, do your research properly first.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...es-bankruptcy-and-reforms-as-sector-3-studios

Before smugly pointing out some Wikipedia article for "not knowing their history" and advising others to do their research, you might actually want to read the text you've linked. I mean, it pretty much says right there that the old Simbin went bankrupt, the company was re-stablished as Sector 3 Studios , and "in 2016 the name was picked up by a new studio from Britain". Also see the quote "Simbin Studios UK is a newly formed English game developer".

In other words, thank you for providing the specific proof the old Simbin is a different company from both the new Simbin and from Sector 3. I didn't think it was necessary, as I too expect people are familiar with their history, but I guess you thought differently, and probably rightly so, given your response.

Dude do you even know how copyright and trademark works? Sector3 is the Parent Company of SimBin UK cause Sector3 still owns the name "SIMBIN".

You can't call SimBin UK a different company from Sector3 when SimBin UK's Headquarters is located on the building where Sector3 currently is located.

SimBin UK's video of "We are Hiring" YouTube is enough proof already so further brings your argument invalid calling these two same companies "different".

For a Video that was uploaded in 2011 (3 years before declaring Bankruptcy) and this very same video is inside the SimBIn UK's Website while hiring people for GTR3. Yeah sure - they do look "different".

http://www.simbin.com/

Last edited:
I have a NSU, I rip out the motor and all the running gear, basically leave a shell so it can still be called a NSU. I then pop in a Ferrari 488 motor and running gear, now it's fast, it has traction control, ABS, launch control etc etc. It will only look different if I repaint it.
If i want to add TC, ABS, LC etc directly to the NSU it just gets heavier and goes slower!

Here endeth the Analogy! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline