AC Secret Fun Event #2, Tuesday 10th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks everyone for joining and congrats to the podium. You three were a class of your own!

Next time an easier car to drive. This one was at least for me a bit to difficult to handle. I hope it didn't scare a few of you to sign up for the next event.

I have some ideas but I have to try them out first. Keep looking for it on the 'OTHER AC EVENTS' button on the left of this screen.

See you next time on track!

Hi Han thanks for organising. I struggled a lot with the handling but I suspect that had something to do with the few drinks I had earlier. We played our action cricket final for our league tonight and we won, so we celebrated with a few drinks. Needless to say I had to quit after about 15 minutes because I probably would have ended up ruining someone's race with the amount of times I was spinning out. Thanks again Han and look forward to the next one.

I personally think a car like this is ok for these events since it can cause slightly faster drivers to make mistakes and have to race with others and it can promote a mix of careful or aggressive drivers. I think the main thing to make it easier is a track with clear braking points so you can remember it easier. Or at least one or the other I guess it was pretty ballsy going for both! Very fun tho too!

That was an eye opener, first drive was qualifying, first lap learn the circuit , second lap find the speeds for each corner, fourth lap keep getting the wrong speed for the wrong corner , spent most of qualifying spinning , going through fences, taking trips around the farms and live stock.

Race pretty much a repeat of qualifying , eventually got to the point were I found the correct speed for the corners, unfortunately still kept getting the right speed for the wrong corner.
Got jammed in a fence, returned to the pits, another minute sitting there watching everyone drive by.
By the end of the race just about got it reasonably right, almost, there was so much time getting a corner right and such a big loss getting wrong.
I could quite easily see were I could get 3 seconds in this circuit, but not without a lot more practice time.
At least I was not driving the Skippy, so I consider my disastrous drive to be one up on that.:D:D
A completely new circuit, which given time seems to be very enjoyable circuit to drive.
Felt like an absolute beginner against hardened professionals, who had been practicing for months perfecting the circuit, how with no time at this circuit and car can anyone be that quick, most impressive.
So a worthy well done to all that managed only to drive the circuit, unlike me, only managed mostly to drive around the farms and forests.:confused:

Last edited:
That was an eye opener, first drive was qualifying, first lap learn the circuit , second lap find the speeds for each corner, fourth lap keep getting the wrong speed for the wrong corner , spent most of qualifying spinning , going through fences, taking trips around the farms and live stock.

Race pretty much a repeat of qualifying , eventually got to the point were I found the correct speed for the corners, unfortunately still kept getting the right speed for the wrong corner.
Got jammed in a fence, returned to the pits, another minute sitting there watching everyone drive by.
By the end of the race just about got it reasonably right, almost, there was so much time getting a corner right and such a big loss getting wrong.
I could quite easily see were I could get 3 seconds in this circuit, but not without a lot more practice time.
At least I was not driving the Skippy, so I consider my disastrous drive to be one up on that.:D:D
A completely new circuit, which given time seems to be very enjoyable circuit to drive.
Felt like an absolute beginner against hardened professionals, who had been practicing for months perfecting the circuit, how with no time at this circuit and car can anyone be that quick, most impressive.
So a worthy well done to all that managed only to drive the circuit, unlike me, only managed mostly to drive around the farms and forests.:confused:
Ernie has saved me a lot of time as his words could have been my race as well with the exception I would have gladly changed the car for a Skippy. :confused: I had more spins than Boris Johnson and it was as slippery as Dominic Cummins at a press conference! Oh well, never mind, onwards and upwards. Well done Enzo and thanks for organising Han.:thumbsup:

Ernie has saved me a lot of time as his words could have been my race as well with the exception I would have gladly changed the car for a Skippy. :confused: I had more spins than Boris Johnson and it was as slippery as Dominic Cummins at a press conference! Oh well, never mind, onwards and upwards. Well done Enzo and thanks for organising Han.:thumbsup:
I totally agree with you both. I think Denis said it in the pre-race chat that this would be an event that separates the men from the boys. Only at the end of the race I did a 2.26 where Enzo already did 2.21 in qualifying. Just unbelievable:confused:!

But LarsThomas also had great lap times:thumbsup: . To be honest, I thought Denis, Allan and Ernie would go for the podium with their experience in these classic cars (Allan was close though), but it seems talent was more important than experience I think.

I was a bit disappointed with my own result. When I chose this combo three weeks ago, I did two laps and it went really well. And I also knew Bremgarten better than all of you, because I got a pre-release test version from David and tested it with the TT and the MX5 to see if it was suitable for the championship.

At the next secret event I'm going for a slightly less challenging race so we can race more close. I'm still looking for the right formula for these mysterious events. I hope you understand that not all choices are positive in that process.

Well, not to let sleeping dogs lay quite, decided to spend an hour practicing today, once I had found the right set up.
I managed with an hour of practice to do a 21.6 , so my 3 seconds was sbout right.
Repeat that every lap, highly unlikely, especially with just an hour and a particularly skittish car.
But as I am a complete knob, I think us knobs should be given preferential practice time for the next race.
5C4D9720-3473-4842-9D23-8688A1D468B2.jpeg

The combo was epic, and that would have worked fantastically as a regular event, but the gap with the tricky car and track made it a bit of a spread-out race.

For these events, you want the qualifying session to be about learning the track or learning the car, not both. I reckon we either needed to do those Alfas around somewhere like Barbagello or Brands Indy or Crystal Palace, while Bremgarten would have suited something like a Classic Mini.

The Pandas at Black Cat worked well because the only needed two brain cells to drive, so the 20 mins could be spent focusing on learning the long track.

I'm saying nothing against the combo, it was absolutely epic and I'm so glad I now know about this combo for just General offline fun!

On another note, some people have been asking how a few of us were so quick out the blocks, setting sub 2:30s on our first laps and reaching the 25s not long after.

Two things. Confidence, and Track Maps.
While the mod installed I looked at a track map online to get a sense of what I'm about to face. Bremgarten may be a constantly turning parkland circuit, but a lot of that is easy flat, so it's trying to cut the lap into corners you're actually going to have to think about. From the map, try to think about what gear you're likely to want to take something that open/sharp in and be ready for that.
Have the track map app open on your screen for a new track and keep glimpsing it to get an idea of what's ahead. The first three corners for example, you can see the first right is tight but not too much angle, so 4th gear. The left after is more open and approached slower, so keep it in 4th for the hill, and get ready for the next right which is probably 3rd but likely 2nd. Have that mind set and give it a go. Obviously a map and when you're going around are very different, but having a plan helps.
Of course I said Confidence too. If you crawl around trying to learn, you'll be crawling all the time. If you send it into corners way too fast because it was a lot tighter than you thought, try to learn from that. If you're going to crash on an outlap, try to work out what caused that crash and do something different to not repeat it.

What would also help is if you went into the setup and found a bar that increased engine limiter to 109%, that's gotta be worth a few seconds around here :confused: :cool:

Yeah I did an hour long race on Bremgarten just after it was released so I knew the track, that was quite the head start you might say :whistling:

Also I just love the car and have driven it a fair bit on the nordschleife so was in tune (mostly) with the handling as well. Probably won't be so lucky next time. Barbagello? Never driven it :)

Thanks @HF2000 , it was a challenging combo this time. Car was cool, those topless cars are always a pleasure in VR. Looking forward to the next one

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back