Sebring smooth road made a little bumpy

A lot of you guys download the track Sebring for AC and found the road too smooth.
What I did was to make it feel bumpy.

All you have to do is change the open the setting in the surfaces.ini with Notepad.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\sebring\data

Changing the [SURFACE_1] the FRICTION=1.4 higher the number the more grip.
Changing the VIBRATION_GAIN=0.5 and VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.8

I dont know if these will make have any effect but I change them
WAV_PITCH=1.3
FF_EFFECT=1

It will make the force feed back shake more but not much around corners.
I hope someone will make a proper track but feel free to change the setting to your liking.

• Deleted member 130869

Thanks for the tip. Where is the best Sebring available from?

I came across a couple of conversions of the same Virtua_LM track. One was completely numb - likely the one found by original poster - and the other was closer to the rf2 update, but it was overly bumpy. So much so that on the front straight I had cars completely lifting off the front tires. Long post short, I have not found a good, untainted conversion.

I might just take up that challenge
If you are serious about it and want to do the conversion the Virtua_LM version would be the best one to get BUT I don't think they will allow it. Your best bet would be to contact MonSum over on the ISI forums as he was the main designer for Sebring. He let me use some elements of his textures on the RVs but that is a very small thing compared to the whole track.

Also as you probably already know but one of the main problems with conversions from an ISI based sim is the crazy number of materials. To do it right the material number has to be reduced substantially. Walls are the other issue but you already know all about that.

Otherwise if you are going to do one from scratch I beg you to stay out of RTB ;). I'm always willing to help on a LEGIT project. As soon as you cross to the dark side I'm out.

Ok permission shall be sought. certainly up for doing a conversion if permission can be granted. any introductions would help for sure. if i do it i will do the best conversion/update possible. i think i legit quality version of sebring woukd be a amazing addition to AC

This is getting a bit off topic but one of the main issues with conversions is permission. Now you may get permission from that last person to convert it, but guess what he/she is likely not the original author. 9 times out of 10 that track was ripped from a commercial product and converted 20 times along the way to multiple sims. Just because you get permission from the last person to touch it doesn't mean it is legit. This is the issue that took Oulton Park down from RD.

Take example if someone took mas du clos and converted it to rF2 without your permission. That converted track is no longer "legit". Now 5 years later the next sim comes along and some guy gets permission from the guy who did the rF2 conversion. Now you have two versions of the track that are not "legit" because you never gave any permission to convert in the first place.

Ok its a fair point. but honestly. and this is me, personally i would not be upset or bothered in the slightest as long as the converter (remixer in a musical analogy) did it the justice of the time put in and try to add and maybe improve. hell i would be flattered. i think Nile Rodgers had the best take on this kind of thing. Chic (what ever your feelings on disco) have been sampled and remixed to death. and he never really took umbridge unless interpretation was lazy

Ok its a fair point. but honestly. and this is me, personally i would not be upset or bothered in the slightest as long as the converter (remixer in a musical analogy) did it the justice of the time put in and try to add and maybe improve. hell i would be flattered. i think Nile Rodgers had the best take on this kind of thing. Chic (what ever your feelings on disco) have been sampled and remixed to death. and he never really took umbridge unless interpretation was lazy
Problem is they aren't being done justice. They are hastily being converted with little regard to performance and often are a let down compared to the original. Also I'm sure you are OK with it but I doubt Codemasters is OK with their tracks being converted left and right.

Anyway it's way off topic for this thread.

Would be simple in blender using texture in the displacement modifier based on the grid pattern of the concrete slabs. Could even go as far as having it UV mapped and match the visuals almost 100%. Similar in how I made the black lines physical on RIR.
Really the hard part in Blender is getting it smooth enough... I made the track surface for IER testing purposes (the virtualM layout's an older version, around 2012 they redid the pit wall which makes T1's entry narrower) and Jackson's main complaint is bumps bigger than there should be bumps, which are almost impossible to spot from inside Blender.

Really the hard part in Blender is getting it smooth enough... I made the track surface for IER testing purposes (the virtualM layout's an older version, around 2012 they redid the pit wall which makes T1's entry narrower) and Jackson's main complaint is bumps bigger than there should be bumps, which are almost impossible to spot from inside Blender.
Depends on a bunch of things it just takes a ton of tweaking. I usually amplify the noise by like 100x and you can clearly see what is going on. As long as that looks clean when amplified then it will be fine when you lower the value back down.

Depends on a bunch of things it just takes a ton of tweaking. I usually amplify the noise by like 100x and you can clearly see what is going on. As long as that looks clean when amplified then it will be fine when you lower the value back down.
If you want to do absolutely all of the track-side stuff you're welcome to add to the IER version...The surface is being modified based on telemetry so we at least have that going for us...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%