Sebring 1966

Tracks Sebring 1966 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Screenshot 2022-08-20 205513.jpg

166FPS Looking at one of the most populated areas of the track.

Brilliant track add on! Amazing atmosphere allowing you to timetravel in VR.

In VR i noticed one issue. At S/F line, cars ahead of you dissapear in a glitch for half a second, as do the rightside pitobjects...

Brilliant track add on! Amazing atmosphere allowing you to timetravel in VR.

In VR i noticed one issue. At S/F line, cars ahead of you dissapear in a glitch for half a second, as do the rightside pitobjects...

Okay that's really odd.

I've never head of that before, and it works fine in my gen1 Rift.

Are you able to record a video of this happening at all?

Thanks for this version of Sebring, didn't know that the layout was quite different back then. The atmosphere feels great!

Do you plan on making more objects collidable, especially the tires in the inner part of the slow corners? Right now I'm able to cut those corners without being punished.

And I know that Sebring is bumpy but there are some places where my wheel really oscillates a lot.

Other than that it's a joy to drive retro cars here.

I also get the flashing pit buildings bug without VR.
I had a similiar bug on the track I built when going under a bridge. It turned out to be CSP related. I think it was an occlusion box for rain that caused it.When driving underneath all other objects disaapered. Could be the same thing happening here.

Appart from that, thanks a bunch for this track it's a fantastic recreation. I go lost on runways a couple of times before I figured out the layout LOL! I didn't realize it would be so different from the modern version.

I also get the flashing pit buildings bug without VR.
I had a similiar bug on the track I built when going under a bridge. It turned out to be CSP related. I think it was an occlusion box for rain that caused it.When driving underneath all other objects disaapered. Could be the same thing happening here.

Appart from that, thanks a bunch for this track it's a fantastic recreation. I go lost on runways a couple of times before I figured out the layout LOL! I didn't realize it would be so different from the modern version.
Bingo! there's an occlusions block under the first 'Sebring Florida' bridge just before the Pit Building starts.
Delete the code from the config.ini if you want, should fix it.

Did try your track and compare to your Vegas circuit I see clearly progress in your skills.
BTW try to program the dynamic objects to move, like the cable lift, plane in the air and if touching an pylon it should roll away. Then the smoke of the, I guess, campfire is like an erupting Yellowstone geyser, that should be slower, darker and lesser intense (transparent).
I did not notice any FPS loss but I'm only did the single car race. If running alone its sometimes very confusing where to drive, maybe extra hey-bales or Pylons to mark the track line is in that specific case very handy.
Thanks for creating.

Hey love the track - amazing - just thought I'd let you know it's crashing with CSP 1.80 preview 115. Not sure if it is happening to anyone else - works fine back on 1.79 preview 5

Hey love the track - amazing - just thought I'd let you know it's crashing with CSP 1.80 preview 115. Not sure if it is happening to anyone else - works fine back on 1.79 preview 5

@Tyrone Reporting the same here - it's a "reverb node not found" error - I think it's [reberb_0] in the audio_sources.ini which is missing a node

Also, I'm getting the thing with the buildings all disappearing when completing a lap and I'm not in VR - is there a known fix for this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_shelby_cobra_289_sebring_60s_20-1-123-12-42-29.jpg
    Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_shelby_cobra_289_sebring_60s_20-1-123-12-42-29.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
@Tyrone Reporting the same here - it's a "reverb node not found" error - I think it's [reberb_0] in the audio_sources.ini which is missing a node

Also, I'm getting the thing with the buildings all disappearing when completing a lap and I'm not in VR - is there a known fix for this?
if you get a crash on loading, this is due to the latest CSP update - for a temporary fix please go to \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\sebring_60s\data and delete audio_sources.ini

It will also block out the cars ahead. Very inconvenient for filming or when the AI crashes just after the finish line...

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods updated Sebring 1966 with a new update entry:

Fixes and Revisions.

• Fixed Occluder block under bridge – so fixes rendering issues.
  • Removed ambient sounds, fixing the 'reverb node does not exist' Error.
  • Fixed an issue where some tents were not casting shadows.
  • Reduced 4k textures to 2K texture where it makes no difference, performance increase.
    Decreased intensity of the smoke effects around the track, this seemingly makes it work a bit better.
  • 3D trees were added sparsely around the track. Not enough to cause performance issues, but...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestion, please add limits to the runoff areas on the airfield corners so that either a cut is registered or invisivle walls, or a couple more tirewalls, so that one is forced to lose time, as it is, it is possible to gain time using the runoffs without consequências. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi, from a lot of racing online experience I can say I hate the invisible walls. But the fake hay bales (actually made out of concrete in AC) are a horrible solution for track limits and to be this near the track as they work in AC. At your fantastic Sebring 60s recreation, the two 90 degree turns on the looong wide back straight (north south runway) are very problematic with the hay bales traps for cars. Which means if you only run a little wide, you stop dead and anyone else behind you crashes into you.
I proposed here a compromise, a different arrangement of hay bales at those two turns. They make the turn on the exit narrow down. So OK, AC makes them behave like concrete walls (since there's no good and easy soft collision physics) but at least the racing will be better. If you miss the turn on braking, you must go around them loosing time. If you go wide, you hit them and bounce and get slowed down from the hit plus damage your car.
What do you think?
1699447063782.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 219 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%