Sebring 12hrs

Hi all. I see IMSA.tv are showing the Sebring 12hrs this saturday. It starts at 10:40am local time, can anyone tell me what that translates to UK time? Cheers.

Guys , Brendon Hartley will be driving in sebring 12 hours too?! because he is driving in WEC race in sebring right now , is there any other driver doing double race in sebring?

Forecast is for significant rain, iirc - hope the race doesn't end up as uninvolving as the WEC event turned out, practically everyone I spoke to had lost interest in it for some reason ( might just have been the coverage ).

IMSA is not good at getting a SC off the track in a timely manner...

Forecast is for significant rain, iirc - hope the race doesn't end up as uninvolving as the WEC event turned out, practically everyone I spoke to had lost interest in it for some reason ( might just have been the coverage ).

IMSA is not good at getting a SC off the track in a timely manner...

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/Sebring+FL+33870:4:US

Yeah the weather looks like at least some rain during the race, maybe some dry time near the middle to late stages then "maybe" more rain.

The last hour was good - of course they had to waste a significant part shuffling the field unddr a SC, it wouldn't be IMSA otherwise - but a lot of that race did not grab my attention. I think there's at least two causes there:

* TV direction was not great at picking up action in a timely manner
* Sorry IMSA but splitting P2 and DPi might have doomed DPi in a couple of years - two butchered P2s does not make a class, and the missing P2s made the prototype field feel decidedly thin. How long is Nissan going to stumble around at the back? how long can Mazda keep the program going when they just can't win? Cadillac on the top step is almost guaranteed. They could probably handle the loss of the Nissan because we hardly see it anyway, but if just one of the others gives up then it will leave a *very* big hole. I would be surprised if we see any P2s at all by summer :s

I thought overall the raceing was pretty good. I do agree that the TV coverage direction was questionable.

Splitting up the prototypes was IMSA's idea to get more participation of P2 cars but splitting the class does seem to be backfiring on them. I agree that the P2 class will not exist if not by the next race then shortly after.

* Sorry IMSA but splitting P2 and DPi might have doomed DPi in a couple of years - two butchered P2s does not make a class, and the missing P2s made the prototype field feel decidedly thin. How long is Nissan going to stumble around at the back? how long can Mazda keep the program going when they just can't win? Cadillac on the top step is almost guaranteed. They could probably handle the loss of the Nissan because we hardly see it anyway, but if just one of the others gives up then it will leave a *very* big hole. I would be surprised if we see any P2s at all by summer :s[/QUOTE]
Sad to see only 2 p2 cars this year. Guess IMSA (the France family) were upset when the p2 cars beat their precious DPI cars regularly so here came the big bop and the cars left. The 2 that raced have committed to all the longer races and that's it. As for the DPi class in 2022 they want to move to a production based hybrid class. Who knows about the future but Sebring they estimated around 300k fans showed up. The place was packed for sure!!

I thought they split because the works teams were complaining they ought to be able to win... well they got their wish, now just hope the class can survive. The P2s don't have to race - even if they've paid all the fees, they wouldn't have to pay all the costs of a race weekend if they don't show up.

I had the random thought that they could switch to Class-1 chassis ( ie GT500 Class-1 plus ) with open engines and probably a spec hybrid, that seems to fulfil the DPi principle of branding the cars way better than a P2 base, and they wouldn't actually be any slower. GT500 cars without hybrid were matching WEC P2 times at Fuji last year.

I'm amused IMSA's GTLM BoP means the cars are quicker than the World Championship GTE cars...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%